Acronis for WD error "No new hardware by western digital has been detected"

Hi guys, need some advice. I just installed Acronis True Image for Western Digital, fresh from the WD website. I have 2 internal WD Black drives, and 4 WD Red drives running in a NAS box. When I try to launch Acronis True Image, it begins by scanning for WD drives, and it gives this message: “No new hardware by Western Digital has been detected.” Tried three times, rebooting each time, but same result.
Any ideas on what I could try to do next?

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA article: Error

That does not solve the problem. Nothing there gives the solution. Nothing there has this heading:
“No new hardware by western digital has been detected”, which is the problem that has to be solved.

I have the same error when starting Acronis. Brand new pc with 2 internal Model Number: WDC WD BLACK SDBPNTY-1T00-1106. I just downloaded and installed both the WD dashboard and Acronis backup. WD dashboard can see both and display all the info for both. The online solutions were of no help. Are there any other options I can try?

Thanks

bumping for an answer

Just wondering if you ever got an answer to this?
I’m experiencing the same problem.

Hello,

I’m still also looking answer, i have the same issue

Hello,

We recommend you kindly refer to the following KBA article (Acronis True Image for Western Digital: Does Not See or Recognize My Drive)

That didn’t work for me. Hard drive has been initialized; Acronis True Image still doesn’t detect. Frustrating!

Its wiser all of you to talk with Synology Inc. and ask them to explain of why they are using tweaked MBR this not compatible with regular PC.

Stop buying second hand HDD specially formatted and tweaked from LINUX storage NAS.