Acronis clone 500 GB SSD as 240 GB?

I am trying to clone a 240 GB SSD to a WD 500 GB SSD. Acronis partitions the 500 GB as an identical 240 GB drive and I get a second 240 GB partition that I cannot shrink or extend. I could shrink the main partition but I cannot extend it.

What should I do to be able to use the full 500 GB?

Sorry if my description does not use the right terms. I am no technical expert and English is am second language to me.

Here’s a link that might help…

https://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/ATI2019/index.html#40032.html

If you are using Windows 10, run the “DISKMGMT” command.
You may see that the 240 GB disk-drive is partitioned:

• 100 Megabytes
  • more than 200 Gigabytes
  • less than 10 Gigabytes
    If you “clone” this drive, the new disk-drive could be partitioned:
  • 100 Megabytes
  • more than 200 Gigabytes
  • less than 10 Gigabytes
  • 240 Gigabytes of “free” space

Thus, you can “shrink” the 200 GB partition, but the presence of that 10 GB partition prevents any “expand” attempt.

So, tell ACRONIS to “manually” manage the size of the partitions on the “target” disk-drive, to put that 10 GB partition at the “end” of the target disk-drive.

You can merge the second 240GB into the first 240GB partition. For this task, it is better to use a third-party disk partition manager since the Windows native disk partition management methods cannot allows you to merge two partitions unless you delete one of them to get an adjacent unallocated for the to-be-extend partition in advance.