Acronis cannot see the My Cloud Home

My old My Cloud 2TB failed last week and I picked up a My Cloud Home 6TB to replace it.

I’m annoyed it’s dashboard/configuration is online only and it seems like it’s impossible to remove remote access via home.mycloud.com because a WD security breach would be a real problem but I can live with that.

What I can’t live with is Acronis True Image for Western Digital being unable to back up to the My Cloud Home. WD Discovery is installed and maps the drive to Z:. I can access the drive through explorer and create/delete files/folders. But I cannot use Acronis to back up to it because it’s not recognised in the NAS or External Drive section of Acronis for WD and the software is limited to backing up to WD devices.

The reason I bought the My Cloud Home was because my other two backup devices are WD ones. I’ve got the one piece of backup software that does all my backups. I could set up a different program but I bought this specifically so it’d work with Acronis for WD, I’d buy a cheap 5TB USB drive to plug into my router if I knew this couldn’t work.

Some relevant screen snips:

Capture4 Capture3 Capture2

What next?

Use DSynchronize or Syncbackfree as both are free and both will recognize the KDDFS mounted by WD Discovery.

I’m not really looking for another option, just to get Acronis for WD working with the WD Cloud Home device. If I can’t I’ll return/onsell it.

I’m not really looking for another option, just to get Acronis for WD working with the WD Cloud Home device. If I can’t I’ll return/onsell it.

Unfortunately this is the reality of the situation with WD outsourcing their software development to outside companies such as Acronis. You will likely have to wait a while before Acronis prioritize their development schedule for the My Cloud Home. This appears to be a known compatibility problem since 2018 and you may want to return the device if you are set on using the software of your choice; I have no connection with either companies. You can read about this on the Acronis forum:

https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-true-image-2019-forum/cant-connect-western-digital-my-home-cloud