Accidentally Did a Full Restore on My Book World Edition II 1 GB, Is It Possible to Reverse This?

TLDR summary: I did a full restore on a WD My Book World Edition II and lost the files categorized into the original backup folder structure. Is it possible to reverse this?

I’m working on a wd1000h1nc-00 My Book World Edition II White Light 1 GB, for a customer. I did not know there was something special about hooking it up so before discovering the instructions, after not getting it to mount in Windows 10, I pulled out the drive and did a recovery with R-Studio, recovering all the files from the 4 partitions. So all the files are probably safely recovered and this is not a dire emergency.

However subsequently I discovered the instructions, reconstructed the drive and found out it was working perfectly fine. The problem was I couldn’t copy the files fast enough over to a 2nd backup drive via the WiFi, so I tried unsuccessfully attaching the 2nd drive to the USB. It worked in a fashion but the mounted partition on the USB drive that the World Book configuration software let me access, was only 128 MB in size. I was fooling around with the various configuration choices in the Advanced part of the WD Link software’s Network Storage App, when I accidentally chose to do a full restore. I should have read more carefully obviously because this deleted my customer’s (actually my customer’s customer) backup directory structure and all the files stored in the original backup way.

The files have been recovered successfully I assume as mentioned, but I would like to recover them in the original directory structure instead of in the way I have them now: categorized by file type. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? I was assured by my customer that her customer thinks the device is dead and anything recovered is gravy, but I feel bad about snatching partial defeat from the hands of the complete victory that I was on my way to having earlier.

It’s good that data is recovered and safe but unfortunately Full Factory Restore securely erases the drive and this process can’t be undone.