Accessing MyBookWorld on Windows 10

I am trying to help a friend out with this issue. He has a computer running Windows 10 (64-bit) Home. The version is 1803.

OS Build: 17134.345

He is attempting to access the MyBookWorld drive. When doing so, he gets a web page sign-in. The fields listed are:

Administrator Name

Password

Tool

Language

I’d like to know if there is a way he can map the drive on the machine in question without having to log in via the website. Thank you.

It sounds like he’s accessing it via the web browser (http://x.x.x.x). Have him open it in windows explorer with the path like “\\x.x.x.x” (without the quotes).

This device only supports SMB1, which has been deprecated in Windows 10. You can re-enable SMB1 support in Windows 10 by enabling the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support feature.

At the start menu search for and start “Windows Features”. Check the box beside “SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support”. Once you’ve done that you can access the device using \xx.xx.xx.xx.

You can map a drive to the SMB share, but know that Windows 10 currently has a known issue with re-establishing network drive maps. You’ll have to launch the drive map in Windows Explorer (e.g. Start "m:") every time you reboot, and let windows whinge and complain while it (successfully) re-establishes the map before other programs can access the share. God I hate Windows 10.

It is much easier to fix than seems to be out there on the internet.

To enable SMB1 on Windows 1803 workstations:

1. Search in the start menu for ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ and open it.
  2. Search for ’ SMB1 . 0/CIFS File Sharing Support’ in the list of optional features that appears, and select the checkbox next to it.
  3. Click OK and Windows will add the selected feature.

After I did this, MYBOOKWORLD was accessible from my Windows 10 Dell Latitude

is this accessible via network i.e switch or modem as its anetwork drive not usb? I have 2 but now Mionet isnt supported im stuck with 2 perfect hdds with files i cant access