Accessing My Book World Edition on OSX El Captain

Hi
I have a 1TB MyBook World Edition NAS drive connected to my iMac running OSX El Captain

I can see under the shared drives both MyBookWorld, which I can connect and save/move files around
I can also see below that share, another share drive named “MyBookWorld-Backup”, which gives me a connection failed message when I click on it

I want to:

• be able to access its web based tool so that I can reformat and erase all its contents, but cant seem to be able to access it. I have tried typing smb://mybookworld and nothing happens

• I have also tried to setup Time Machine to use this drive and when I turn Time Machine on, it gives me the option to select the MyBookWorld-backup, but it tries to connect and after some time it comes with a unable to connect message

any clues?

forgot to add my NAS model - WD10000H1NC-00

Hello, to answer your questions:

You need to use safari or chrome to access the user interface, you need to type in http://mybookworld.local this will take you to the user interface.

If you go to page 45 in the user manual it will explain you how to set up time machine correctly.

thank you Lluna
I had already seen the instructions in the manual, but as I have said, eventhough the MybookWorld-backup shows up in the Shared list in Finder, when I select it, it fails to connect and when I launch Time Machine, it gives me the option to select this drive “MyBookWorld-Backup”, but after some seconds trying to connect to it, it returns saying it could not connect

Thanks for the other tip on the web interface - I managed to launch it -

If I wanted to reformat and start from scratch the NAS, what would be the best way

I launched Disk Utility but it does not list this WD drive

Hi,
Did you solve this issue ? I have the same one. WD MyBookWorld white light to which I can connect through smb, but not by clicking either on the bonjour links in the finder and I cannot connect it through TimeMachine either on either my my MacBook pro running El Capital or the iMac I just upgraded to High Sierra.

It used to work on previous OS versions.
Any help is welcome :slight_smile: