Accessing media on WD ShareSpace from LG television media player through USB

Problem:

• I have a WDShareSpace 4 TB and an LG 37LE5300 Television.  The TV has a mediaplayer and can access USB storage devices. It works fine… 

The problem is accessing the WD Share Space. I would like to be able to access the file system (media) through the USB ports in the Share Space.

As  both devices are Masters I’ve purchesed a Master to Master cable, but the TV won’t recognize the USB.

It comes with a CD and a file transfer program. (though havent been able to install it on the Share Space, and I don’t want to use a third box, I want to use the TV remote to browse the media (works well with normal USB storage devices))

Question:

1: Can I use the Share Space as a normal USB disc ? (I’ve looked at sharing a volume through USB port, but can on do it for back up)

1. Does anyone on this forum know how to work around this?

2. Can you change the “direction” of the USB ports on the Share Space?

All help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Fredrik

You can’t do that !

USB is a HOST based architecture. Only one devices can be a HOST and in your case you have 2 hosts so it will never work. If your TV has a network interface, you can use that, otherwise, there is nothing you can do.

Regards,

Adi

Found a box that’ll connect the TV to Share Space through DLNA or regular TCP/IP… LG ST600 upgrade box…

Thanx anyway, I kind of figured it was impossible to connect through USB.

Fredrik