Accessible via web browser and iPhone, but not visible on PC (windows 11)

I undertook a system restore on my windows PC.

I can not now see the drive (Home Cloud Duo) in My Network, although it is visible in the router settings and I can log in via the online portal. I tried to install Discovery and it failed. I’ve tried quite a few things already:

• checked the SMB1.0 options in windows features (there is no SMB direct option as I’ve seen on some solutions)
  • disabled my Norton security
  • made sure my network/file sharing is on
  • Followed completely the instruction on uninstalling and reinstalling the Discovery (including deleting all of the directories)
  • Checked for any windows errors with the health checker.
  • Checked firmware - on the latest version
  • Followed instructions about creating a file registry entry

I’m at a bit of a loss what to try now. The latest WD stuff for Discovery says it works in Windows 11.

Oh, and a separate issue - I’ve got a very noisy fan on the WD device! Still under warranty so I’m probably going to get that repaired.

Hi @AdverseTangent,

Please refer to the article My Cloud Home: Not Detected or Not Found by Windows or macOS:

If further assistance is needed, please open a case with our support team at the following:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/askweb

Absolutely no solution online helped, having searched for weeks and applied so many options.

Finally, I have resolved this problem with another Windows reset. It allowed me to install WD Discovery as I did it before any other installations and it is now functioning as it was before.