Access the My Cloud Home without WD Discovery

Let me start by saing that I hate the way I have to access the My Cloud Home. I know that it might make it “more secure”, but some people don’t really care about that.
First of all, there’s not a version of WD Discovery for Linux based operating systems.
The Windows app usually takes some time to load after turning on the computer - this makes me very frustrated, since I have a program that starts a backup of my data to the My Cloud Home on startup, and when it can’t access the My Cloud Home it doesn’t backup anything.
The mobile app is also pretty bad. If I want to upload anything else than pictures or movies, I have to do it through the internet browser.

I’d love it if I could access the My Cloud Home without the app through the file explorer.

3 Likes

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: Private User Space and Public Sharing Access for My Cloud Home

This is a really bad answer to the question, as it states to access the My Cloud Home without WD Discovery. Your link only explains to access it through WD Discovery. I would love to hear a good answer.