A weird issue I'm having | Jumping/Flickering/Shaking Screen

Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad english. I love WD Elements 3TB i have. Its one of the best out there.

Recently (more like last 6 months) I’m having a strange issue. When I connect my HDD to my PC, laptop screen starts to get jumpy. Sometimes it becomes so frequent that I’m afraid I’m gonna lose my laptop. After I remove the HDD it still continues to flicker so i have to shut PC down and restart it. Thats why I stopped using it on PC and so I stopped storing stuff. It works perfectly on my TV tho.

What could cause this to happen? Electrical issue or is my HDD damaged?

BTW: I’m using Windows 10.

Hi,

I’m not clear what you mean. You say " When I connect my HDD to my PC" is the drive still connected to the laptop somehow? Are you using a USB Hub for the HDD? WD clearly states that hubs should NOT be used for the HDD. Also some USB ports on laptops are too week for some devices.

I hope this helps, or tell us more please.

I’m using this: WD Elements Desktop Hard Drive (HDD) 3TB - 18 TB for PC | Western Digital

Prga,

Ok, I see now. You you mean the laptop is the PC. So, only one machine. I think you need to submit a Support request for this problem.

Click on “Support” at the top of this screen, then click on blue " click here for all legacy products". If you don’t find your problem, then click on My Support over to the right and you can register for WD support.

Cliff