A mysterious folder keeps popping up, every few days, in my external

I keep getting this mysterious folder, popping up every few days, in my WD My Book external, called “Notify”. I have a 3TB. I’ve had my external since May 2014…and I’ve never seen this folder, until Dec. 2015…and it continues to pop up, even after I delete it. I’ve ran Malwarebytes and my Avast security, and nothing pops up as a threat. But why is it there, that’s my question? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

What OS are you running? It could be part of the windows 10 upgrade mess.
Joe

1 Like

Thanks for replying.

I’m running windows 8.1. And I think you’re right(it may be windows 10)…but I don’t know for sure. I didn’t want to upgrade my desktop to windows 10, because I just don’t trust it, due to privacy issues. So, instead I simply bought a windows 10 laptop, all new, with none of my personal documents or files on it. Since October, I haven’t been getting the windows 10 upgrade request on my pc, because I rejected them all/I stopped the upgrades. So I’m curious as to why, all of a sudden, this(a mysterious notify folder, with numbers connect to it) comes about and in my WD external of all places. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see it pop up on my pc once more, but within my external, wow.

Also, I’ve done every thing, as far as researching it online, and nothing pops up about it. And that(no info. online on it) makes me even more suspicious of this folder.

Try using the GWX Control Panel Ultimate Outsider: Using GWX Control Panel to Permanently Remove the 'Get Windows 10' Icon and see if it finds anything. I use the .exe version and itt cleaned the Windows 10 junk off my sister’s laptop.
Joe

Thank you kindly. I’ll try it right now. :slight_smile:

Well, I just used it(GWX)…so I’ll check back in in a few days, for it usually pops up ever few days.

Thank you kindly, once more, for your help, for it’s/you’re much appreciated.

Good day. :slight_smile: