A little help please concerning MIONET

I have the WD MyBook Live and was under the impression that MIONET is free to customers that bought this drive?  Is this correct?  I was really excited about this during my search for a good network drive that I could acquire access to remotely.  The last couple of days though I’ve been loading up Mionet program on my local computer, and there are visual representations of a TRIAL PERIOD ending in so many days.  All I can say is WTH.  Can someone please tell me the truth on this, as I seen no indications during the purchase of this drive that mionet was going to cost me somewhere down the line?  As it stands right now, I havn’t even been able to use it in the capacity I wanted to because Mionet REQUIRES java and none of my tablets are compatible with java.  Thanks for your time.

The trial period is only for the Premium service.  The basic service of being able to access just your drive will be yours from then on.   You are right about it being Java based, though. 

Thank you for the reply.  Can you please explain what you mean by “The Premium Service”?  Like I mentioned in my original post, I saw nothing during the purchasing of my drive/nor my research prior to buying it, about any of the things I could do with mionet being “Temporary”.  If I had of known this in the beginning, I never would’ve purchased it.  I even see/saw in the documentation of the drive that Mionet Services is FREE with the MyBook Live drive.  So I’m a little confused and somewhat upset at WD.  Thanks again for your reply.

The basic version of MioNet will allow you to share and access your supported WD Network Drive for the lifetime of the product. The premium version of MioNet will allow you to access and share your computer resources (webcam, remote desktop, and file system), in addition to sharing and accessing your WD Network Drive. 
There are no fees to use MioNet Basic. 
Please let us know if this information has been helpful.

Laura_F wrote:

The basic version of MioNet will allow you to share and access your supported WD Network Drive for the lifetime of the product. The premium version of MioNet will allow you to access and share your computer resources (webcam, remote desktop, and file system), in addition to sharing and accessing your WD Network Drive. 
There are no fees to use MioNet Basic. 
Please let us know if this information has been helpful.

Yes, thank you for the reply.  This answers what I was asking about what the “Premium” service is.  However, it doesn’t touch upon why this is not made clear from the beginning of the purchasing experience.  I don’t even think that there is a distinguishing between “Premium Service” + “Cost” and the Basic Service in the Documentation that I have on the drive.  This would “seem” to draw in more cutomers only to have them dissapointed by a sudden drop in services they may have gotten used to using.  All of the things listed that I could do between my drive(s) / Mionet certainly drew me in.