A folder only visible on WD desktop app and Tv, not on MyCloud app

Hello,
I have a 3Tb cloud device with a Main user folder. This contains a large number of films split into sub folders. The sub folders in each consist of a number of Trilogies and then one for Individual films.
Recently the Individual films folder completely disappeared. I have recreated it and re-uploaded all the films.
We have a Samsung TV that we use to access the cloud device and I noticed the other day that the missing folder is visible on the film list. It has the same label but with a ‘.’ full stop in front of it ‘.Individual Films’.
The folder is not visible on the My Cloud App on my Phone Table or PC It is only visible on the TV and the WD desktop app on my PC. As I cannot see it on the My cloud app it means I cannot delete it.

I would be most grateful for any advice.

Chris

What make and OS PC do you have?

You said, “It is only visible on the TV and the WD desktop app on my PC. As I cannot see it on the My cloud app it means I cannot delete it”. I am not sure why you can’t delete it from that Desktop App?

On my PC’s, Windows 10, I would use File Explorer to open up My Cloud under Network and delete a file. See example image below. After choosing Practice Download I would click on the Delete (Big Red X at top) to delete the folder.

Click on, tap or activate images to enlarge them.

Using the Desktop App I would do the following, after choosing Practice Download I do two clicks as shown with the numbers one and two.

Hi,Thank you for your reply. I have now resolved the issue but still do not know how it happened.Originally the missing file was called ‘Other’.As you can see from the right hand screenshot (The My WD Cloud app that is the same as used on my phone and tablet) the ‘Other’ file is not showing.However on the left hand screenshot at the top the file is there ‘.Other’ and is showing and had become a hidden file.Why It suddenly became a hidden file I do not know.
My original post was because when I loaded the WD Access desktop app it didnt open as shown in the left hand screenshot. It just had the films as pictures that I could only search through and click to play the movie.

Regards

Chris Dyer
07540 189411

Depending on the operating system/file system using special characters can cause files or folders to become hidden. In this case using a period before a folder/file name can cause a file to become hidden.

Typically a smart TV may access the My Cloud using DLNA which may display files/folders differently than the My Cloud app/Desktop programs do. The My Cloud software/app may not support special characters.

Thank you.

Regards
Chris Dyer
[Deleted - Privacy]