8AM wake up! Sleep or not to sleep, that is the gen2 question

So I am giving up the fight for a cloud to sleep (the main cloud) and most probably clicking on “off” for sleep forever, since there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop the scans from occurring. See https://community.wd.com/t/scans-are-now-a-permanent-feature-cannot-disable/174811

The other problem is that BusyBox rebuilds itself, probably all into Ram on every reboot, so modifying any files or attempting to replace a script like monitorio.sh doesn’t work.

Thus end the saga of user fixes. So if our WD breaks, we are out of luck because none of us has the power to do anything which is the direction for every company now. However the difference between a company like WD and Apple is the number of users. There isn’t enough WD Cloud Users to convince the programmers of Cloud to install a stop scan switch. Take it or leave it, they say.

Currently the scans are working, but from the looks of it, the cloud isn’t going to get much sleep. 3am check for upgrades, 8am atop rotate the logs, 12 noon read your diary. 3pm scan for changes.

So once again… I remain a WD Cloud user mainly for the form factor and nothing else.

edit: actually if you turn off cloud access, the scans do stop and sleep does occur in fitful 3 hours spans of what I noticed when I had cloud access off. I stand corrected that for my backup cloud, I do intend to do exactly this (turn cloud access off and sleep on).