5 hard disks connected on 1 WD TV LIVE ? Or 2 WD TV LIVE connected each on each other...?

Hello,

Is it possible to connect 5 or more hard disks on 1 WD TV LIVE? 

If no, is it possible to connect 2 WD TV LIVE (connected on 2 different  TV and with 2 hard disk connected in each)   and to watch on the 2 TV all the 4 hard disk ?

Thank you to answer me

Francois 

I’ve connected FOUR, but never tried 5…

4! How? There is only 2 USB on my TV live plus, and I tried with an hub, it doesn’t work… Tell me please…

If I buy another WD TV LIVE, is it possible to connect the 2 with Ethernet cable and to have access to my 4 hard drives (2 for each WD TV LIVE) in my 2 tv? (without computer… I don’t want to connect to a computer…)

avissef, are you trying that with the old WD TV Live, or the new model that’s appeared in the past few days?

The old one doesn’t work with a hub - the new one apparently does.

Steve W

thank you for your answer. I have a old one… I’m going to buy a new one. What is the exact name of the new one? Is it possible to update the old one to become like the new? And is it possible to connect 2 WD TV LIVE with an Ethernet cable (to avoid using a computer)?

Thank you

The worst thing about this player is the name - same as the old one.

This is the one you want:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330 

Not this one:

http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus/en_US/pd/productID.198010700/parid.13092400/catid.13742300/categoryID.43496300

Steve W

Tank you. But when I want to buy the new, I click on the link and arrive with a picture of the old… Is it sure it will be the new I will receive? And about my 2nd part question: is it possible to connect 2 wd live with Ethernet cable? (the plug is in and out ?)
Tank you
Francois

Personally I’d wait for it to come up at Amazon - it’ll probably be a better price, too.

Are you asking if you can connect 2 of these WD TV Lives together via an ethernet cable?  No, I don’t  think so, but somweone else may know for sure.

Steve W

Pecker wrote:

Personally I’d wait for it to come up at Amazon - it’ll probably be a better price, too.

Are you asking if you can connect 2 of these WD TV Lives together via an ethernet cable?  No, I don’t  think so, but somweone else may know for sure.

Steve W

No, you cannot do that.   They need to be on a fully functional network with Master Browser, or they won’t see each other.

Thank you, do you know when this new product will be come at Amazon?

It’s been there since Day 1.

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B005KOZNBW/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1318251464&sr=8-12

Thank you, but I’m looking for the pal version on amazon.fr. Do you know when it will arrive in France?

I don’t think there is a PAL specific version yet. Europe has some crazy regulations so products don’t usually arrive there until 6-8 months after the US equivalents.  If you manage to get one, it’s easy to change it from NTSC to PAL (at least if it’s anything like the Hub or the old WD TV Live)…