4TB WD no longer works

I had the exact same issue. Been going nuts trying to figure it out and then saw this post. My 3TB Seagate hard drive just stopped being recognized. The WD Live Hub would recognize it for a second when it was plugged in but then it would disappear and not show up under the drives section. I did all the things that have been suggested elsewhere short of reformatting the entire drive. My blueray dvd player can read all the files on this drive. So the windows 10 suggestion had merit as I had recently added new files to this drive from a Win10 computer. I have two other external drives (4TB and 1TB) which have not yet been coupled with a win10 computer. Sure enough, when I connect those to the WD Live Hub it recognizes the drives and all the content on them. So there is something about Win10 that is conflicting with how the Live Hub interacts. With no new firmware from WD, I would love to hear other suggestions. As for using a computer without win10 - I’m out of luck as I upgraded all mine to win10.