4TB on MBR and not GPT

Hi I have 4TB My passport it comes with default GPT partitioning which is not recognised by Smart TV . The moment i convert to MBR it start working on TV but the max capacity it used only 2TB. I have seen many forums which talks about advance tools by Vendor or some 3rd party Software which can make a 4TB MBR disk. Please help with same.

What are ways i can have MBR Partition and still use full 4TB capacity. Any help will be much appriciated

To Support my Claim that 4tb on MBR is possible with full capacity attach screen

Hi,

I have never tried this since a third party application might be needed. Let’s see if a User who has experience can comment on this.

To my knowledge, this is not possible. 2TB is the limitation of MBR partitioning scheme since the day it created. The only way to make full use of the disk storage is use the GPT partition style. Maybe there is some way to make your Smart TV recognize the GPT disk, like install some certain driver or add some attachment.
I am sorry, maybe other users could give the answer.

4TB MBR is possible via 512 Byte Emulation … which WD (and Seagate) did use on external hard drives for a while (i have older 3TB and 4TB WD Elements/My Books which are MBR and old Windows XP 32-bit sees the full capacity fine)

But, WD no longer use 512 Byte Emulation on their hard drives anymore … so, yes, all newer WD drives over 2TB will need to be GPT partitioned

here’s a nitty gritty explaining 512 / 4096 bytes (Advanced Format) and emultation

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2888

4TB MBR is possible via 512 Byte Emulation … which WD (and Seagate) did use on external hard drives for a while (i have older 3TB and 4TB WD Elements/My Books which are MBR and old Windows XP 32-bit sees the full capacity fine)
Very nice to know.