4.0 Firmware Upgrade Destroyed my Device-no Modifications

I am running Mycloud with no modifications.  I use it to stream media to some Android XBMC devices.  Ever since 4.0, I have NOT been able to use the drive on a regular basis.  I have unplugged and plugged in (at which point it blinked for a few hours and then went blue).  This helped for about 24 hours.  It is now unresponsive again.  

I have tried to enable SSH in settings to reinstall FIrmware, but the UI constantly times out.  Due to the thread locks, the forum is nearly impossible to use for troubleshooting.  Bill the man indicated that users who do not have mods will receive helpful pms.  I would like a helpful pm.  

It also seems that there is some denial about there being a problem.  Hopefully my thread can help further disabuse WD of this notion.  

Maybe instead of helpful pms we could have a helpful sticky?

magister1979 wrote:

I am running Mycloud with no modifications.  I use it to stream media to some Android XBMC devices.  Ever since 4.0, I have NOT been able to use the drive on a regular basis.  I have unplugged and plugged in (at which point it blinked for a few hours and then went blue).  This helped for about 24 hours.  It is now unresponsive again.  

I have tried to enable SSH in settings to reinstall FIrmware, but the UI constantly times out.  Due to the thread locks, the forum is nearly impossible to use for troubleshooting.  Bill the man indicated that users who do not have mods will receive helpful pms.  I would like a helpful pm.  

It also seems that there is some denial about there being a problem.  Hopefully my thread can help further disabuse WD of this notion.  

Maybe instead of helpful pms we could have a helpful sticky?

You should be receiving your helpful pm sometime soon. 

The only reason those threads got locked was so we could start separating out the users with self-inflicted issues from users that might have legitimate issues.  And, you were always free to start new topics.

I have managed to speed ui up a bit by disabling media server, cloud access, iTunes, and apple time capsule. I also deleted quick view from my desktop. Things seem speedier, but I have eliminated half of the devices functions. Granted, it works for me because I do not need those functions. Up to others to decide if that is acceptable.

Time will tell if this stays working. Reboot temporarily fixed me before.

Well, it worked fine for my media consumption needs until the update. Just wanted it back the way it was. Granted, I was never able to get safe points to work, but it was excellent as a media nas.