3rd Party Software Access

I am able to access MBLD with the ASUS Media Streamer app from iOS. I was able to access all the shared drives as soon as i started up the app for the first time. I did not recognize the structure i have in explorer, but had access to folders that i need to keep private. I was not able to access the public drives though. I can also access it on my Samsung TV through its convoluted exploring - I never gave it access in any way, it is DLNA. What am i missing? I would like to have privacy and provide public folders

Little scary when all you need is the wifi password and not access to the device as well for a random app. What other apps are allowing this access…

Your unit’s permissions are shared across your entire network and any device linked to your network will use those permissions for file access if said device or app uses standard protocols.

You can turn off media serving for private shares individually within your NAS’s Dashboard in the Shares section. This is not possible for Public shares though.

I understand they are shared across the network. I have access to an ‘admin’ share on a device that was never given access at all. I am NOT able to access any public folders whatsoever! Out of 9 shares, four show in the app. I can only view the admin share, does not show folders/files in the public!

ASUS Media Streamer iOS, I may have said the wrong app earlier

I went through the TV last night, the same shares appear - only 4 of 9. The admin folder is locked from everyone else except me and it is the only folder that can be explored on both the Samsung Smart TV and the ASUS app. There are no ‘Public’ folders available beyond this folder for viewing, same with the other shares