2TB nas limitation

I was told by a western digital rep the WD TV plus still will not reconize media storage systems larger than 2 terabytes, such as my Drobo.  I thought I saw an update on their website and was wondering if anyone knew for sure.  Seems like they would make have no limit as NAS’s are becoming more popular! 

I’d heard you can lose your data, so I wanted to be certain,  

Thanks,

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5875/

They made a pretty big stink about updating BEFORE you connect your drive, so I’d read the critical stuff before trying :wink:

Yes that is what I read, but now that I read it again I think I’m fine (maybe you can cofirm?) My Drobo has 5 drives and not one and will be connected to my Time Capsule (router) via USB not the WD TV.  This way all my devices have access to the data as well as myself when I’m away from home.  

Do you know if that would work?

Thanks,

knoxgood1 wrote:

I was told by a western digital rep the WD TV plus still will not reconize media storage systems larger than 2 terabytes, such as my Drobo.  I thought I saw an update on their website and was wondering if anyone knew for sure.  Seems like they would make have no limit as NAS’s are becoming more popular! 

I’d heard you can lose your data, so I wanted to be certain,  

Thanks,

Whoever told you that is misinformed.

There’s NO size limitation for NAS devices, and never has been.

That 2TB size limitation applied only to USB drives attached directly to the WD player, and that was addressed a few months ago.

I guess there technical support department is lacking. That’s why I usually call tech support and not “sells department.”

I appreciate the help. I see they just came out with a new version. Now I need to just figure out if I want the new or the old!

In theory it should… however you should be warned that the Time Capsule is likely the worst invention ever to come out of Apples door (with the possible exception of the Airport line of routers) and has trouble interacting with just about anything not made by Apple. You might want to go with a different brand of NAS router.

Thanks for the warning. I have heard of problems before, but I’ll cross my fingers.