2TB My Book (USB 3.0)

What a waste of 130 dollars. I bought the 2TB My Book approximately two weeks ago; I needed the space for the files I require to move with me to Asia at the end of the week. Three days ago the drive simply stopped working. I brought it to a tech friend of mine after trying every fix I could find via Google. I was reluctant to let him open the casing as it would void whatever warranty was on the drive, but I needed my files.

He was completely unable to access the files, even when he voided the warranty. So now I’ve lost everything save a few things that were still able to fit on my old hard drive. Thanks, Western Digital, for ripping me off with the shoddiest hard drive I’ve ever laid hands on. Three weeks has to be some kind of record.

Hello and welcome, sorry to hear that you cannot access your files. It is possible that your files are corrupted, this can happen for several reasons such as power outages, accidental physical damage, internal component failure, and computer viruses, just to name a few. You might want to contact a professional data recovery company to recover your files, click on the following link for more information.

http://support.wdc.com/recovery/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

seachange wrote:

What a waste of 130 dollars. I bought the 2TB My Book approximately two weeks ago; I needed the space for the files I require to move with me to Asia at the end of the week. Three days ago the drive simply stopped working. I brought it to a tech friend of mine after trying every fix I could find via Google. I was reluctant to let him open the casing as it would void whatever warranty was on the drive, but I needed my files.

He was completely unable to access the files, even when he voided the warranty. So now I’ve lost everything save a few things that were still able to fit on my old hard drive. Thanks, Western Digital, for ripping me off with the shoddiest hard drive I’ve ever laid hands on. Three weeks has to be some kind of record.

All hard drives will fail and it’s a question of if it will but, but when will it fail. Next time, make sure you copy your data to 3 different drives if needed, from different brands if needed. Just be aware that if you don’t have two data sources with the same information on two different places, then you don’t have a backup. Period.

[Deleted]