2TB Elemnets UNUSUAL PROBLEM: I/O errors, unknown & not allocated

Hi to evrybody,
here’s my problem with my external WD 2TB ELEMENTS HDD, Model Number:WDBAAU0020HBK.

Windows 7: 2 months ago it became quite slow and I noticed that there were some bad sectors. I tried to regenerate them with HDD Regenerator, but not for all of them it was a success: the first ones went well, but at a certain point the program blocked itself on a sector. So I decided to wait for a backup to a new drive and I havn’t used it anymore till I’ve begun the transfer process. After a successfull 700 mb session with average speed of about 1 MB/s, I’ve decided to run a new chkdsk shot in order to make the speed transfer higher (2 months ago it worked)

Nowadays:
a) It’s not displayed in My computer:
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

b) visible but unknown and not allocated in Disk manager:
ps: when I enter it asks me to initialize it, but then it says that is write protected

c) with WD data life diagnostic I see it but i fail the tests (it says too many bad sectors)

working internal drive (to see differences):

external drive with problems:
failed tests:

d: with HD tune I can’t perform read and write tests and I can’t see drive infos:
it says that it’s all damaged:
this was the situation 2 months ago:
internal working drive:

e) drive map with HDD regenerator (2 months ago there were only 3 red B):

Ubuntu:
a) Disk manager sees it but as unknown:

b) With testdisk I can’t see any partition, I Can’t write MBR, I think that I can’t read or write to any sector: the log file says I/O error (number 19). I’0ve checked with a different USB cable but nothing has changed. If I select None (and not Intel PC Partition I can see one Unknown partition but I can’t read or write on it, nor MBR, nor MFT.

c) photorec:

d) fsck:

e) ntfsfix:

Results:
It seems that I can’t access the drive: I can’t read any sector, I can’t write to any sector, no SMART data (2 months ago I could have them), I can’t even see the device number. I think that it’s something not due to data messed up on it.

Questions:
a) is it correct that’s an hardware problem? (or can it still be something else?)
b) what can I do to try to backup the drive? I suppose nothng :frowning: but I hope to be wrong…
c) If it’s mechanical: how can I know what part is causing problems?
control board?
printed circuit board controller?
hdd magnetic head?

Thanks in advance for helping me :slight_smile:
Diego

EDIT: externally, I can’t hearor see nothing strange.  when I plug the drive in the light blue led turns on without blinking; after a while, several minutes, it begins blinking, probably due to inactivity (I think); initially I can hear the magnetic heads trying to work without unusual sounds.

Edit 2: with WinHex (and with a similar software) I “see” MBR without errors but it’s all 00, so I think that they  don’t work properly

Aside from using a data recovery program, there is not much you can do aside from contacting a professional data recovery company. 

As Alucardx says mate, you need data recovery service…