1GB My Passport - Files not accessible. Making beep noises

Hi there.
My drive all of a sudden yesterday started behaving weirdly. It wouldn’t show up in the “My Computer”, although it would show up under the device manager. Currently it randomly shows up or it doesn’t. But when I click into any folder on the drive, the Windows explorer crashes. I can’t access my files.

Also the drive has been making audible beeps every now and then. I don’t think it ever did this before. I have the drive less than a year and have treated it well. Would appreciate any support. Thanks.

Welcome to the WD Community.

Make sure to test the drive on a different computer. Also, make sure that you are connecting the drive with the right cable and if possible test the unit with a different cable. 

It could be a power issue. If you are using a desktop computer, make sure to connect the drive to the back USB port of the computer. 

Also don’t use a cable longer than the original and don’t connect through a hub.

Joe

Hi. Has this problem been resolved? I am having the same issues.

There are times when the Unlock Autoplay do come on screen. However after I clicked the unlock.exe in the autoplay dialog, a msg just pops that an unexpected error occurred and that the operation will be stopped.