1.06.15v

Has anyone else experienced wd tv live screen going black and unit becoming unresponsive?

This happened after upgrading to 1.06.15v and using the mediafly app and browsing through media plugins/techonair/gadgets podcasts.I am connected via ethernet and from unit to tv component and the only way to get back to the menu screen is to unplug unit.

I POSTED THIS BEFORE BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE. I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH THE NEW FIRMWARE AS IT HAS HAPPENED MULTIPLE TIMES WHILE USING THE MEDIAFLY APP. THE NEW FIRMWARE 1.06.15V RESETS OR FREEZES UNIT WHILE USING MEDIAFLY APP AND USING OPTIONS BUTTON AND VIEW EPISODES TAB AND HAVING A VIDEOCAST PAUSED. IT ALSO HAS A BUG UPON ENTERING APP WHERE IT HANGS BUT HITTING BACK BUTTON AND ENTERING AGAIN SEEMS TO MAKE IT WORK AND LOAD MY CHANNELS. CAN ANYONE ELSE CONFIRM THESE BUGS?

Is this an issue you have experienced with any other apps, or only the Mediafly app?

jhemmi

mediafly

Only the Mediafly App in firmware 1.06.15v.This never happened in my previous firmware , maybe it has something to do with the fact that in this firmware the ethernet port always has power even when it’s in standby mode , the previous firmware did not. Did Mediafly do anything different on their end ?Just to clarify i dont think there has to be certain conditions for it to happen as the last time it happened i was on the main menu where it shows my channels , popular channels , etc. when it froze and picture went black as if there was no video signal other instances it reboots the unit.

In my case the black screen appears while the children watched the movie (from PC - wired) I and I accidentally unplugged Ethernet cable. After that no response from the unit for about 5 minutes. Then Menu appears, but still no response. I had to power it off to get functionality .

The mediafly software for the WD has not had any major changes recently, and i was not able to re-produce this error in our test environment.

i suspect the firmware upgrade is indeed the issue here, and would be interested to know when wd plans on releasing another update, and if that update would correct this issue.

i will continue to test the wd app, and see if i can trigger this error.

@ribafish, it definitely sounds like your issue is related to losing your ethernet connection.

to clarify, this was with the mediafly app for you, as well? what mediafly video were you playing when the error occurred?

Yes it was the mediafly app for me , but you dont even have to be watching a video for it to happen you can be simply browsing or playing a video podcast and once i was at the main menu screen in the mediafly app when it froze.I can confirm it is firmware 1.06.15v causing this. I have rolled back to my previous firmware and this has not happened again.The new firmware seems to show activity on my router even when unit is in standby , and i think that’s what’s causing this and other peoples router or wifi problems on the forum in my opinion. It is not a bad ethernet connection or cable because every other app worked fine and did not freeze or reboot the unit ,believe me I checked these possibilties.Thanks for trying to help anyway but in conclusion it’s the firmware 1.06.15v causing this and many other problems.

hopefully WD will be quick to roll out a new firmware update!

videoninja wrote:

Has anyone else experienced wd tv live screen going black and unit becoming unresponsive?

This happened after upgrading to 1.06.15v and using the mediafly app and browsing through media plugins/techonair/gadgets podcasts.I am connected via ethernet and from unit to tv component and the only way to get back to the menu screen is to unplug unit.

Used the mediafly app for the first time today since installing 1.06.15v, the same happend to mine and I had to pull the plug on the WD.

I thought i’d let wd and mediafly know so they can recreate the bug, i found that what seemed to trigger it was when I happened to disconnect my ethernet cable from unit (for whatever reason) and in standbye mode and reconnecting the ethernet cable turning unit on via remote and going into mediafly and attempting to use app it will then either freeze unit or reboot.I hope this helps! 

P.S.  This does not happen on the firmware i rolled back to even if i do the above.