1.02.21 Firmware bricked Media Server

Quick question to see if anyone else is having problems with no media servers showing up after 1.02.21 firware update. I run both Playon and the default Windows 7 server, and neither one shows up. If I select media servers, it just sits there.

I can hit both servers with XBMC on the pc and the xbox.

Any ideas?

Eric

Do net shares work for you?

graberic wrote:

Quick question to see if anyone else is having problems with no media servers showing up after 1.02.21 firware update. I run both Playon and the default Windows 7 server, and neither one shows up. If I select media servers, it just sits there.

I can hit both servers with XBMC on the pc and the xbox.

Any ideas?

Eric

As this only happened after a firmware update, I would advise you to:

reset the unit by pressing the button on the side with a paperclip for 1 second (unit on)

reset to factory defaults via the internal menu.

unplug the unit from the power for some minutes (not seconds)

Do all 3 one after the other.

The WDTV has been known to get a bit confused after an upgrade and this approach sometimes sorts it out.

I’ll try that. I know the media server is working, for I can hit it from my iPhone. I’ll try the reset.

Thanks,

Eric

OK I reset the unit and set the defaults. No luck.

I unplugged the unit for an hour and repeated above. No luck.

I at least had network shares before. Now both network shares and media servers are bricked.

Network setup works fine. I can bang Pandora, etc.

This thing is 2 minutes from going back.

Any ideas,

Eric

Don’t suppose by any chance you installed Windows Live ID assistant?  (If so, uninstall it – you can look for it in your programs by going to “uninstall programs” in control panel).

(Oops, just noticed that you already took the Live back, as your post was 52 minutes ago.  Sorry I was late to the party).