Solid yellow can't access

If I got paid 10 cents an hour by WD for trying to access MY files on MY 8tb my cloud, I could buy 3 new ones.
I have a solid yellow and I cannot access this ■■■■ thing. my pc is configured. right, my window diagnostic says my pc is configured right I put in the IP displayed one the connect app and my router is configured right. I am a 3rd year cybersecurity student, I know what I am doing. If I remove my hard drive can I access my 7tb plus files that seem to be lost? I have been trying off and on on different operating system for 2 years and I am sick of this.
Even trying to get into it . One answer was to config the setting in the dashboard but don’t u need access to use the dashboard. Stupid advice. This is the worst device I have ever bought and for $300, I feel robbed. What terrible piece of equipment made in Thailand with no support and 4 different logins on 4 different places and 4 different answers with all 4 not working.
CAN i GET MY FILES OFF OF THIS SOME HOW?

@rick420 Have you looked at the User Manual for your generation of WD MY CLOUD? See LEDs.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/126

Have you searched the Knowledge Base?

DUH, i ONLY SAID THAT TO LET YOU KNOW the status. i WANT TO KNOW IF i CAN REMOVE THE HARDDRIVE AND REMOVE THE DATA. Do I need to list everything I have tried?

Short answer: Yes.

BTW: Please stop shouting! I understand frustration. . . but still. . . consumer electronics are simply not worth elevated blood pressure. . .

Longer but not fully complete answer:
So. . . from your message. . . you apparently done troubleshooting the device, have given up, and are now looking for a nuclear option to get data off the drive.

I have not done this myself, but I understand that you can remove the HDD from inside the device. It should be a standard WD “Red” 3.5" HDD drive. You can take this drive and attach it to a computer in the usual ways - - - - either using an external drive enclosure or an internal SATA cable.

The only hiccup will be that the drive is formatted for a Linux environment. You may need 3rd party software to access from a PC or a MAC.

There are forum posts on this subject; or you can google on this topic. . . .for example; this article may be useful;

@rick420 I tried to help you by giving you information. From what you said then you should have known you could search for other topics/discussions about this.

Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

Without knowing what exact troubleshooting steps one has tried, one troubleshooting step is to use a network switch between the My Cloud and certain broadband provided routers. WD has the following knowledgebase article covering this rare issue:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3637

Generally the My Cloud, in its default configuration (which one can revert back to by using a 40 second reset via the reset button on the back of the My Cloud) will attempt to obtain an IP address from the network DHCP server. Generally when a device (including the My Cloud) cannot obtain an IP address it will default to using one from the 169.254.0.0/16 range. If one is connecting the My Cloud directly to their computer (via the network port, USB direct connection to a computer will not work) one needs to ensure their local network adapter likewise defaults to using an IP address in the 169.254.0.0/16 range. One may have to use a network scanner at that point to find what specific IP address the My Cloud defaulted too and then use that address going forward to access the directly network connected My Cloud.

There are numerous past discussions on “shucking” or removing the My Cloud internal hard drive that can be found using the forum search feature, magnifying glass icon upper right. One can use their favorite internet search engine to find various videos on how to remove (shuck) the internal hard drive from a single bay My Cloud enclosure.

One then can use a USB to SATA adapter (powered), a SATA docking station, or a spare SATA port/connector on their computer to attach the hard drive to so one can then proceed to try and access their data and or try one of the various “unbrick” processes to recover the drive (or use a new hard drive) for the My Cloud enclosure.

Because the My Cloud hard drive has multiple Linux formatted partitions, and because the main data partition is formatted for Linux EXT4 one will need a Linux driver if they are using a Windows PC. There are a number of third party Linux drivers available that one can find using their favorite internet search engine. Or one can use a Linux Boot Disc/USB Flash drive using one’s favorite Linux distro to boot their computer and access the bare My Cloud hard drive.

Also, if using Windows 10, may need to ensure SMB1.0/CIFS is enabled. Microsoft disables this setting via patch or new Windows 10 install now days.

I see I will have to complete my certifications just to use something that I only wanted to save my important information on and save it in case the worst happened.
the worse happened double. My original WD hardrive died along with my wife dying right after that. When I went to access the movies for her ceremony, I was unable to access them and I have been trying ever since. One should not need to take a course on networking to use a simple device and this is what I am upset about the most.
Thank u for your replies and support but in reality, WD should be paying some people to do this and not rely of users to do it free for them. Any way, I know what to do now and what to do in the future when asking my advice about buying a cloud device from WD. Thank u for your time

Sorry, no luck. I was hoping to find another way because taking it apart is not in my agenda right now and since it so much music, I haven’t found the space to keep it yet or the time to move it. I am in college and I am 73 and I am slowing down in the energy area. It was also so expensive and I do not want to ruin it