How can i logout of Netflix? SOLVED!

I recently had to cancel my account at Netflix, and start a new one. i´ve had no problem resetting this on my PC and Ipad, but i can´t find a way to do this on my WD Live. So far i´ve gone thru this forum about 500 times, trying all sorts of things suggested here but nothing works.

for ex, i´ve done the “Reset all online service accounts”, I have tried deactivating the device from Netflix ( UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, UP, UP, UP, UP), but the only option i get there is “Back”, not “logout” or similar. I´ve had the box unplugged from power for a long period of time, and today i did press the “Reset” button underneath the box. After that i had to setup the network and do new login to all other services i use on the box (Spotify, Facebook, Youtube). but when i go to Netflix its the same there, “Cannot connect to Netflix” and i know it´s because it´s still on the old login which I have now cancelled.

Can you or someone PLEASE assist me with this. I think i´m goin crazy…

Hi, are you using any type of DNS service, like OpenDNS for example? Also see if the link below helps.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Live-Plus/quot-Cannot-connect-to-Netflix-quot-No-activation-code-displayed/m-p/60880#M13803

Ichigo, apologies for my very very late reply…

Yes, I use a DNS service, but i did start a new DNS service at the same time as a sterted the new Netflix account.

i´ve made sure the older DNS settings are not in use, neither on my router or on my WD box.

the link you sent me, i´ve tried that all, but no…

Any idea what to do?

Regards

Anybody…???  

Addi727 wrote:

i know it´s because it´s still on the old login which I have now cancelled.

How do you know this?  

Several of the things you’ve already tried completely clear the NetFlix account information on the box.  So how do you KNOW it’s still trying the old login?

That´s a good point…then what the heck is the problem???

Ok, when i do the up, up, down,down,left, right…thing i get a screen where there´s supposed to be a logout button, but isn´t.

Ok, but there is also a message that reads, “Last error: Network / 2 / connection closed /” and another line under it that reads “http://localcontrol/netflix/com/uiboot

Have i been making a total fool out of myself here :flushed:

The UP UP DOWN DOWN … thing will not present a logout button if there’s no associated account.   Further indication that the resets you did earlier worked.

Do you happen to be using a DNS service like OpenDNS that might be blocking Netflix?  

You might try taking the WD over to someone else’s house and try it there, to see if it’s an internet issue of some other sort.

Problem solved

The problem was the DNS service provider, not up to their job

Changed over to UnoTelly, was watching Netflix thru my WD box minutes later.

Thanks everybody

Regards