"Cannot connect to Netflix" No activation code displayed Can not activate device -WD TV Live Plus

Thanks guys for all your input.  So this is how I solved the issue.   As I stated in the first post, I have Time Warner Cable internet service, the modem provided is a Motorola Surfboard Cable modem  SB5101.  To get an activation code from the device, I hooked the Live plus directly to the cable modem.  I then reset the modem. I also reset the Live plus unit. After both devices were up and running, I went to the Netflix service and clicked yes and ta da!!! an activation code.  

(Ironically, to complete activation, I had to unplug the network cable and connect my wireless router to visit the activation website on my laptop. By the time I reconnected my wireless router and added a network cable from the live plus to the wireless router, the first activation code had expired.  In any event, I had no trouble getting the device to provide a new activation code.  I used the new activation code to activate my device and now I have access to my Instant Queue!)  

For those who may be interested in the reason works now, I believe it has something to do with how the Surfboard cable modem stores MAC addresses for devices connected directly to it.  It seems that after the Surfboard cable modem learned the device’s MAC address, it had no problem connecting to netflix (even via the wireless router) .  I am assuming something in the activation generation process includes transmitting packets that were being blocked by the Surfboard modem as meaningless or even malicious packets.  However, once the WD TV live plus’ MAC address was known to the Surfboard modem, the modem seems to allow the packets.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.