Advisor
davidtbaron
Accepted Solution

Disable backdrop in video content WP Media Hub?

When i add video info it works great but i dont like the backdrop of photos it shows because it makes the text description of movie hard to read. I am sure i can maybe do this in the template but how?

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

Re: Disable backdrop in video content WP Media Hub?

[ Edited ]

Start by downloading the Legacy theme, and applying it.

It will add files to the Hub's HD, in this path:

/.wd_tv/theme/Legacy

Edit the file called rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

Comment out the following line, as illustrated:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page background="./image/RV-BG.jpg">
<image image="image/keyboard_mask_bg.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1" disable="@@disable-thumbnail-bg"/>
<!-- disable background>
<image image="@@preview_rect_image" default_image="@@default_preview_rect_image" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" textcolor="@@preview_rect_color" keycolor="1" ignore_keycolor="1" bg="1"/>
<disable background-->
<image image="image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_overlay.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1"/>

That will then just show the default background image, which is fairly dark and shouldn't interfere with reading the text.

Let me know how this works for you.

===Live SMP / Live Hub x2 / Live+ / Live x2 / 24 TBytes of QNAP + WD NAS ===
Advisor
davidtbaron

WORKED AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much. I am really excited to see the future of this theme system.

I hope there will be some new themes coming soon.

Thanks so much

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

Please mark the post as SOLVED.   :smileyhappy:

Glad I could help.

===Live SMP / Live Hub x2 / Live+ / Live x2 / 24 TBytes of QNAP + WD NAS ===
Frequent Advisor
vice86

[ Edited ]

Ah, this works perfectly! I was wondering why it was so dark though but after some messing around I realized that the dark overlay is pretty dark and the stock background images is also kinda dark...so it almost disappears. If you use a lot lighter background image then it shows up better and the screen doesn't end up looking just black.

The only thing is I kinda like the color transparant look of the tabs in the Mocha theme....and since you can't edit the xml file for it like you can the Legacy one (at least I can't find the Mocha files) seems the only way to stop the rotation of background images is to manually delete a bunch of code from the metadata files....ugh.

Also...why the heck does the clock show 00:00 instead of 12:00? I don't have 24 hour time on either.

vice86------------------------------
WD TV Live @1.04.10_V
Samsung PN63C8000
Regular Advisor
boucher

thanks tonyph12345 works great!

Regular Advisor
bitfiddler

A person could, instead of loading a different theme, just create a simple 720 x 405  (16:9)  jpg image in just about any photo editing program then assign that as the hub's background image via setup. The image could be all black, or perhaps all medium-grey, or whatever you liked. Or it could be like mine, a photo I like, but edited to be a very dark, low contrast pic that  doesn't compete with or overpower the interface but gives the background a little texture.

-- this is NOT your father's motherboard --
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD