New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.17_V for WD TV Live (12/30/10)

Just upgraded,

Everything works flawlessly, so far. Have tested a set of video/audio/image files and all works fine (including some exotic combinations like ogg and mkv with multiple audio in vorbis and mp3).

Even noticed that an issue with chopped audio on files from my camera (MJPG-avi) was resolved. (the video still is a little bit jumpy, but the audio now works fine)

Issues still to be resolved (all minor issues)

- slow startup of movie playback (~10seconds) this was introduced only in the 1.04 line. Before that the playback started almost immediately. Strangely there is no delay in the playback of the preview window and is much faster to just go fullscreen with the preview window than starting the playback with the enter on the file.

• changing audio language inside an OGG video container (audio is vorbis) took several seconds (~5s). I haven’t noticed this delay before and is not present for the same scenario with a MKV container

• I have a DVD iso image. plays fine but if I navigate through the dvd menu and then select the “resume movie” in this menu the playback exites back to the folder.

I tested only streamed media, no local files, no attached local storage, wired ethernet through an adsl modem (vigor 2600vg)

Network storage is a Linux box (ubuntu 9.10) samba version 3.4.0

And also tested the internet media plugins (deezer/flingo/youtube/acuuwether …)