Established Member
wdman

Telnet or ssh my book live.

Need to ssh or telnet my book live to change twonky media server settings. Need to turn of picture rescaling in twonky. Anyone figure this out since there is no option for it. 

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

Re: Telnet or ssh my book live.

No, it's locked down.
===Live SMP / Live Hub x2 / Live+ / Live x2 / 24 TBytes of QNAP + WD NAS ===
Occasional Visitor
dibu61

What is locked down, Twonky parameters or ssh/telner access or all of them?

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

Telnet & SSH, thus no raw access to Twonky's config.   You're stuck with only using the WD WebUI.

Regular Visitor
MyBookLiveUser

That's not strictly true.

Firstly some Twonky settings are exposed in Twonky web UI at http://mybook_ip_address:9000

Secondly you can SSH in.  Load the Mybook UI go Settings > Utilities > Import / Export Current Configuration

Export the current configuration, open the file in notepad (Wordpad screws the formatting so be careful), find the bit that says: ssh_enable="disabled", change to ssh_enable="enabled", save the file

Now back in the Mybook UI go Settings > Utilities > Import / Export Current Configuration and import the file you have just saved.  The Mybook reboots and hey presto SSH is enabled.

On mine the login was root / welc0me  (that is welcome with a zero instead of an oh).

Be careful as I imagine you will not be supported in any changes you make....

Established Member
wdman

I tried to export/ import the configuration file changing disabled to enabled.  I saved the configuration and exported it to the drive. The only problem is that when I rebooted the drive it went back to default. (disabled).  I don't remember what program I used (notepad, wordpad, etc). Do u have any recommendations for keeping it enabled?  Btw, what program do u use for ssh?

Trusted Contributor
jazzymood

I use SecureCRT for years. Best client ever. Period.

Only downside - not a freeware.

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

PuTTY.   Best *FREE* client ever.   Never used SecureCRT, so I don't know if the $$$ is worth it over the free PuTTY.

dead_screem

wdman wrote:

I tried to export/ import the configuration file changing disabled to enabled.  I saved the configuration and exported it to the drive. The only problem is that when I rebooted the drive it went back to default. (disabled).  I don't remember what program I used (notepad, wordpad, etc). Do u have any recommendations for keeping it enabled?  Btw, what program do u use for ssh?

Go to http://mybooklive/UI/ssh (case sensitive) replace "mybooklive" if you have renamed it to something else, or replace it with its IP address. It's a hidden UI menu to enable SSH.

Established Member
wdman

[ Edited ]

hey thanks. http://mybooklive/UI/ssh worked easily and i was able to enable ssh. i downloaded WinSCP as my ssh client. This program makes it easy to edit files directly.  Plugged in mybook ip address and used root(username) and welc0me (password -and yes, thats a zero, not an O).  I located the twonkymedia folder and was able to make some changes. 

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD