Wish List For Future Firmware Releases

Just a RANDOM option on Music and photos that is really random ! bug fixes prior to ANY new feature PLEASE!!

What about supporting Mac OS Lion ?? Ā That would be a nice ideaā€¦

-Adding Netflix for Canada

-New internet servicee that are supported internationally not just in the United States

-Live Tv

matthvm wrote:

-Adding Netflix for Canada

Uhm, that was done over six months ago.   In version 1.04.31_B.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6612/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyMDc1Nzg1MC9zaWQvVi1DbkhCSWs%3D

please remove the huge HD seeking on every startup

it is take more then 5minutes loneg , every power on, but the HDD data didnt changeā€¦

this is a BUG i knowā€¦ terrible

Hotelsinus wrote:

please remove the huge HD seeking on every startup

it is take more then 5minutes loneg , every power on, but the HDD data didnt changeā€¦

this is a BUG i knowā€¦ terrible

If itā€™s taking that long for the drive to be recognized, itā€™s probably repairing a corrupt file system (or trying toā€¦)

You do eject your drives before you shut down, right?

no, im not eject the drive before shutdown,. it is work for a year now with the previously firmware,. this firmware do that

Hi,

I know that most important thing is to fix bugs related with video playback, in first place. But, a web browser would be wonderfull. Donā€™t you think?

Please WD, discard youtube and facebook and put a web browser in place. Using wireless keyboardĀ  with a mouse included (trackball) this player wouldl be a perfect substitute of PCĀ  to browse the Net.

Thanks

Video playback functionality is still stone-ageā€¦Ā  even generic Windows video players can:

• Jump ahead at useful increments (I realize some files can jump 10 minutes using next key, but how about single click=30 seconds, double click=10 minutes.Ā Ā  Fastforwarding 8 minutes as we need to now is primitive and slooow).

• Slo-motion

• Step single frame ahead and back

• Seek to (enterring seek to time)

These should be core functions for a ā€œmedia player,ā€ unlike social networking, games, etc.

I agree. A ā€œgo-toā€ and ā€œBCSā€ are basic functions in any decent (even cheap) media player. My stone-age TviX 4100Ā  has all these features and a volume control, as well.

But it seems WD enginneers ar not capable to implement these basic featuresā€¦

no big issues with any of it, all working AOK albeit very thirsty in terms ofĀ  kilowatts (PC & peripherals, player, teev and decent sound system)

'its mainly a very expensive still/ vid viewer for my money.

• i do have a poblem with the fact that many of the streaming features (in Oz anyway) arenā€™t available unless you PAY.Ā  nothing like this mentioned in the promo/ advertising. your bad WD.

• the compulsory screen saver on the teev ā€¦ like hello. whereā€™s the switch to turn it off please OR at least an alternative to upload your own/ plain blank screen.(maybe there is an off switch & I just canā€™t find it?)

• sound quality not good at all on most of the streaming radio, not sure of the sample bit rate but my 50 year old valvestate analogue luxman tuner does the job better by far.Ā 

I would like a dedicated firmware upgrade that keeps up to date with the usb wireless adapters that are created from the major brands (e.g. Netgear, Belkin, D-link). Many of the adapters on the current compatibility list are a) out of date by version number or b) are no longer produced or c) newer better (faster) adapters canā€™t be used with the WD TV Live system. Ā 

Better support for Advanced SubStation Alpha subtitles that include special karaoke sections for opening and ending credits in MKV files.

Please add autoframe support for composite output.Ā  Nearly all DVD player support autoframe for analogue output.

Why not WD TV Live?

Thanks!

Really? Ā  Can you give me the make and model of one that does?

Maybe Iā€™m not understanding what youā€™re asking for, because for one thing, there are only two frame rates for compositeā€¦ Ā 25i (in PAL) and 30i (in NTSC). Ā  Is that what youā€™re requesting? Ā  Auto-switch between PAL and NTSC?

Other than that, thereā€™s no other frame rates analog video CAN support.

The only video standard that is a different frame rate is 1080p24, which isnā€™t supported on component video on most TVs anyway.Ā Most component TVs only support 1080i.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Maybe Iā€™m not understanding what youā€™re asking for, because for one thing, there are only two frame rates for compositeā€¦  25i (in PAL) and 30i (in NTSC).   Is that what youā€™re requesting?   Auto-switch between PAL and NTSC?

> Hi TonyPh12345,> yes Auto-switch between PAL and NTSC is exactly what I need. Sorry for my bad English.> bye

rockrider99 wrote:

Audio Lipsync option while playing, similar to +/- xxx ms increments available for subtiltles synchronisation

+1

AMazon Unibox support please.

intel wireless screen extend please

My wish: Something that can connect reliably to Windows 7. Thats it. Iā€™ve just gone to an external HDD because trying to connect to my network was at time impossible.