Wish List For Future Firmware Releases

I would like to request for support of WDTV Dlink DWA-121 pico adapter for my WDTV live. Can I kindly request to devs that please include drivers for DWA-121 pico adaptor : chipset (Realtek RTL8192CU)

Regards,

Tipu

AFG_Brazil wrote:

• Possibility to use external USB DVD or Blu-Ray Players

Um…

None of the WDTV players are licenced to do CSS, CPRM, AES, AACS… decryption (or any of the other content protection schemes).  That’s why you have to decrypt a DVD or BluRay before the WDTV will be able to play the .iso or the VIDEO_TS structure.  It just won’t play protected content.

Even if you could hook up a USB optical drive, you would not be able to play ANY commercial retail discs.

And with the prices of hard drives vs. blank discs, and the time involved, it doesn’t seem to make sense to back up your optical discs to optical media, when you generally have to first put it on to a hard drive anyways before physically burning.  Seems quicker and cheaper to just decrypt to HD and then skip the burning step – plus you then don’t have to go out and buy a USB optical drive that will only work for homebrew discs.

It also doesn’t work if you just share the optical drive on your PC.  Sure, you can browse to the disc, but unless you happen to have a retail disc that has no protection, the WDTV will just simply refuse to play the disc on the shared drive.

I guess I’m just not seeing how tying up one USB port with a paperweight that can’t be used to play discs (especially since there’s only 2 ports and  USB hubs aren’t supported for attaching additional drives) would be helpful or necessary.  Perhaps I’m missing something.

• choose between simple and full menu DVD playback BOTH as a persistent user setting AND on a one-time-basis as an option during playback (so that the user can skip the menu at the start of the DVD)

lovelove wrote:

• choose between simple and full menu DVD playback BOTH as a persistent user setting AND on a one-time-basis as an option during playback (so that the user can skip the menu at the start of the DVD)

The workaround for you is to use the preview mode. You then enter the right hand preview box. This plays the DVD main movie without chapters or menu’s.

TP-LINK TL-WN821N v3.x Usb Adaptor support please. Thanks.

“The workaround for you is to use the preview mode. You then enter the right hand preview box. This plays the DVD main movie without chapters or menu’s.”

→ I never use preview mode (it’s a major annoyance when cycling through videos, especially due to the audio), so it is a very awkward workaround for me. They should implement a real solution.

Besides, it is not working for me. Many of my previews are filled with purple (decoding error). 

Hello,

when do you resolve the pb with the resume.jpg file in usb disk (resume.jpg = film synopsis) ?

Thumbnail (folder.jpg) is OK, but we are no synopsis with WD Live.

Regard,

Agree. Adding support for new wireless devices is a great deal…

TP-LINK TL-WN821N v3.x Usb flawlessly supported by linux (linux-2.6.39 … drivers\net\wireless\ath) driver 

MLS (MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER) MATCH DAY would be excellent. I have a subscription on my iPad and can watch live MLS soccer games on it - legally. It’s very similar to MLB.tv 

Roku will be offering MLS Matchday on their new device.  http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/19/roku-2-hd-xd-and-xs-officially-launch-same-price-smaller-siz/

As WD TV Live+ is MUCH better product, I would assume that MLS MatchDay will become available on it as well. Thanks!

AMAZON.... AMAZON

Add yupptv plugin; that would be great

1 Like

Add support for Sirius/XM Online.

Add support for http://www.babelgum.com.

And again…Hulu.

Hello,

Audio:

Gapless playback or CUE support.

Video:

BBC iPlayer, 4oD and ITV player.

Cheers

Hayden

Some more support for wireless usb adapters would be FANTASTIC!

TP-LINK TL-WN821N  v3.x Usb would be excellent as previously mentioned (as you already support version 2.2)

Or just updating the support for later revisions of other usb adapters.

Thanks!

Get rid of the Games Im 28 years old and i don´t want the games i would rather have sheets 

Sorry for my spelling

• USB that work on the wd live

• when browsing by video, the images would be visible

+1

Support for.

voddler.

via play

Sputnik.

BBC iPlayer, Channel 4 4oD and ITV player

Well it seams kind of weird to have to ask for gapless audio playback, since everything else has done it for years! I can’t see where it would be that hard to do, since the program already knows what the next song is?

I’m not sure what I did to make the text so small in my first post?