Who can not read SUBTITLES.. Should Read This Message..!

I just asked someone to fix subtitle issue who works at WD.   I paste the message he sent me…

( This is the current behavior on all of our media products.  When using the built in native subtitles from a DVD in ISO format, the subtitles are typically moves around the movie according to the scene and color scheme as most DVD/Blu-ray players do not put a black frame behind subtitles.  We have not received an overwhelming demand for this change, however, you may want to submit your idea/change to our ideas lab and encourage others in our community to vote.  These boards are reviewed by our product marketing groups and we do implement the popular features requested when feasible.  If this change is popular enough, we may include it in a future firmware version.))

http://community.wdc.com/t5/HD-Mini-Elements-Play-​Ideas/idb-p/TVHD

[delete]

Please who is not happy to subtitile colors pelase write on this link !!!.

This is a very good suggestion, Western Digital’s development team reviews these posts on a regular basis, to see the most commonly requested features by the customers.

Thanks for pasting their reply, it seems basic that all WDEP should post their petitions on the Ideas area.

I encourage everyone to do it, if WD really reads what users say there… maybe there’s an opportunnity to have a new firmware for the WDEP, which I find mandatory but sadly unlikely…

Yeah, bougth it and i cant read the subtitles when the background is white!
We need a solution, and fast!
At least put a black borden in then, or a shadow, or something like that to let me read the dammed subtitles!

Bye!

I cant read the subtitles when the background is white, please put a shadow on them. Thanks

Einstein

Imagination is more important than the knowledge.

Yes… those black borders around subtitles are must needed or else we can’t read them! (it also seems that WDC doesn’t read these forum after all… at least since March 2011!).

Please, I’m looking for a custom firmware where i can read the subtitles… does someone know where i can find it?

Custom Firmware for the Element Play? There is not such a thing,…At least, no  yet.

I just bought WD Element Play, after few days of trying I feel dissappointed.

1. The menu is too simple, not classy enough. for example we cannot sort the files, hide the file/folder etc.

but it’s not too important compared to  point no 3 & 4.

1. Difficult to jump to certain time. we must scroll the time. much easier if we can key in the time (but it’s not possible because the remote provided doesn’t have numeric keypad). Possible solution is to enable to scroll every single digit. for example if we want to go to minute 35, we scroll first digit 3 times, and second digit 5 times. much faster rather than current operation which must scroll the minute from 00 to minute 35.

2. The Subtitle is to small and cannot change the color ( like others have shouted) 

3. I’ve found a lot of movies with unsnychronized subtitle in WD element Play. If I played it with PC, it’s synchronized. especially MKV file with embedded subtitle (I don’t mean  hard coded subtitle). Even if i download another subtitle file, this problem still happen with both subtitles.

4. Should be able to turn on subtitle as a  default setting. so no need to turn on subtitle every time play the movie or resuming the movie.

5. For picture and sound wise, i don’t have complain. But i found 1 movie i can only hear the sound, the screen is completely black. Again, this file is normal in the PC.

So please revise these cons in the next firmware. My current firmware is 1.01.12.

thanks.

If your waiting for a subtitle backround change in a future firmware update then you will be waiting a long time, I dont think there will be one…read my earlier post, looks like the Elements player is obsolete, WD would rather you purchased their newer model