Which is the most reliable drive for Data Storage

Hi, Can any one guide me for choosing the best hard , Caviarblack WD1003FZEX  isbetterorEnterpriseStorageRe4  WD1003FBYX .

Hello,

WD recommended drive just for data storage would be the WD Green. But if I have to choose between the two you mentioned I would go with the WD Black. Lets see what other user can share.

1 Like

Hi well sorry but I would never use a green drive. The black drives are good drives but of course don’t compare to a RE drive. So when you say storage do you mean only to store files on, or to install games on also. If you are going to install games I would use the black or even a 1 tb Raptor. To only hold backups of files of course the RE drive would be the best choice being a enterprise drive they are built better to last longer. Alot of people use a SSD drive and install programs and games to there backup drive.

I have and still do use both Black, Green and Blue (Laptops) and without a doubt i’ll always put my important stuff on the Blacks, just bought another 6TB worth and will be buying another 6TB in about a month, as the saying goes “Once you’ve had black there’s no going back”

All1

Green for storage is enough.