WDTV Live Plus, Netflix connect problems

Has anyone found an answer to this problem ?  I just bought a WD TV Live Plus last week and everything works great except Netflix. I get the same message described in these posts, “cannot conntect to Netflix”.

I just started having this problem a few days ago. This is definitely a major problem for the Live Plus and I’m kinda pissed that it just stopped working . . . I noticed however that this post began quite some time ago but my Netflix was working during the time that you guys were posting these problems. I’m beginning to think that it’s got something to do with the internal clock or something . . . I bet that it worked for the same amount of time for everyone and then just stopped working after that period . . . weird . . . 

Bumping this since I am one of the million…

Waiting for that GOLD CODE FIRMWARE to be released after we BETA tested.

I forgot to add : once I try to connect to Netflix and it fails guess what?  I cannot connect to my NAS or any network share.

I have to unplug the unit and plug it again. Soft shutdown does not clear whatever happens.

This same thing happens to me. Everything locks up after Netflix fails.

I have not heard about a beta firmware. Can you tell me about it ?

Thanks

ronkil wrote:

This same thing happens to me. Everything locks up after Netflix fails.

I have not heard about a beta firmware. Can you tell me about it ?

Thanks

There is no beta firmware for the Live Plus. The reference above was a jibe at WD, the poster thinks that the current firmware should be designated beta due to the bugs.

I was getting the, “Sorry, your Instant Queue is temporarily unavailable.” message.  My other network options worked just fine too.  I even reset it once and it wouldn’t connect to netflix then…

BUT!

I followed WDs advice and reset the device completely twice WITHOUT trying to access netflix in between and all of a sudden it worked again.  I was able to relink and also stream via netflix.

Hope this works for you guys.

The most elegant solution to the Instant Queue Unavailable bug does not require resetting your unit.  

It was mentioned in another Netflix thread (give him some kudos!) but here it is again:

1. Open Netflix on the Live Plus.  Wait for the error message.
  2. Press the following on the remote: UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, UP, UP, UP, UP then ENTER.
  3. Confirm deactivation.
  4. Exit Netflix.
  5. Restart Netflix.  It will prompt you to activate your unit on the Netflix website.
  6. Instant Queue will then become available.
  7. Watch your stuff!

So far, I’ve seen the instant queue error message twice.  

The first time, I did a factory reset and was able to re-activate/connect (but had to redo all my network connection settings, share passwords, app passwords, etc.). HUGE pain in the posterior.

Tonight I used the above remote control method and it only took a couple of minutes, no reset needed.  :)

Hope that helps someone else.

Hi! I bought this WD LIve Plus box a few weeks ago so I could watch movies on my TV. It worked fine right from the start, but has issues now.  I can power up, then try to click on Netflix, but it gives me a message telling me I cannot connect to Netflix, try back later or contact Netflix/tvhelp. I tried that and Netflix system was working fine so my problem seems to be the box. I called WD and talked with a support guy who I could barely understand and who didn’t seem to know how to help me.  I pushed the reset button on the side of the WD box, I turned it off, then turned it back on again but I keep getting the same message. I have it unplugged right now and will try again in a few minutes. I even tried Youtube but a message told me ‘this device cannot connect to network’. Since WD and Netflix are of no help to me, can someone please help me?! I would really appreciate some input as to what I should do. Thank You :slight_smile:

Same **bleep** has happened to me!  I reset the box, called WD (what a **bleep**ing waste of my time), unplugged and waited, and still nothing has worked! I cannot connect to Netflix or ANYTHING else! I’m not sending my box to them because that is a waste of time. I’m not going to buy a new box because that is a waste of time and money. I don’t believe the box is ‘defective’ like the worthless “tech” guy told me. Something is screwed and I want to know what!   I need help…

Hey jacscrib,

Sounds like your problems are network related, not specific to Netflix.

Try making a post in the Networking forum, making sure to list your network setup (wired / wireless) / hardware (router, wireless adapters), etc.  ;)

Thank you Pixel Power. This worked very well.

We had to do the process a few times (operator error) but after we logged into netflix and deactivated the WD then we were issued a new code from the WD device. 

I always come to forums first b4 I even attempt to call tech support. Thank you for posting this for all of us. 

We’re Grateful. :slight_smile:

Any word on when WD will get their act together and fix this problem? I’ve tried everything to no avail. If I do get it working for a moment, it quits as soon as I switch to Youtube or a drive. This is highly irritating. 

Fix which problem in particular?

There are many issues with Netflix and HDMI handshaking, mostly due to the fact that Netflix has copy protection in place that keeps folks from just copying from the HDMI outputs.  WD is trying to resolve these, but they may *never* get them all resolved (since a lot of different TVs behave in many different ways).

If the latest beta firmware didn’t help you then you might consider returning the Live (assuming you can still do so and get your money back).

It’s not an HDMI problem. The problem I’m having is that the box says it cannot connect to Netflix. I’ve reset the box, tried the remote code, deactivated the box, everything that I’ve read on here. I think I’ll try exchanging it first. I can’t believe that Netflix let’s WD even mention that the Live Plus will stream Netflix when it seems that there are many problems that WD doesn’t seem to be in too much of a hurry to fix. 

What happens is this – for MOST people Netflix streaming works fine (it works fine for me on two separate units, for example).  We see here a lot of problems because that’s what you see when you go to a hospital (if all you ever did was visit a hospital you’d conclude there were no healthy people in the world).

Because it works for the vast majority of folks of course WD can sell and advertise it – but that doesn’t help you any.  If you happen to be one of the people it doesn’t work for no matter how many it does work for doesn’t bring you any comfort.  And, of course, it also makes fixing these issues even harder (because WD can’t duplicate the problem).

As I said, if it’s important to you I’d return the unit – there’s no telling when (or even IF) this will be fixed for you personally.  Better to have peace of mind than to be continually frustrated.

MRoyse:  It says it can’t connect, or does it say that your instant queue is unavailable?

I’ve just had a problem with the Live Plus for the first time.  I can’t display my instant watching queue on Netflix.  Everything else is OK, just Netflix.  The queue does show on both of my computers but the WDTV can’t access it.  It worked perfectly up through yesterday but not today.

cgbick:  see FAQ section 4J.  

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/WDTV-FAQ/m-p/32135#U32135

I was able to get it working with my queue by going through the deactivate/reactivate cycle as in the FAQ with one difference.  The deactivation from the remote didn’t “take” until i deactivated on Netflix first, then did it on the remote.