WDTV Live Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_V (10/19/10)

No HDMI-Problems here.

But occasional network problems which I never had in 1.02.21:

Connected by ethernet wire / SMB to my file server.

Sometimes, the server cannot be seen. Sometimes I cannot browse the shares. Sometimes I can browse the share, but cannot watch a movie (unknow file format or such).

Sometimes movie stutters and almost stops after 1-2 minutes.

It helps to switch off/on and restart the WD TV Life. But if this does not help, I have to pull the plug and do a hard reboot.

Problems with youtube/mediafly too.

1.02.21 was perfect in this aspect. Never had any network problems. These network problems started with the beta firmwares.

Please fix this! Thank you!

WD Please Fix Viewing of Movie Thumbnails ( Video-Thumbnail Mode )

Currently, WD TV Live is guaranteed to crash/become unresponsive once it has displayed ~300 thumbnails.

Ok I understand that WD TV Live has a finite amount of memory to keep track of thumbnails shown.

Is it not possible to just “remember” say ONLY the last 10 rows of thumbnails so that WD TV Live does not run out of memory and crash?

Lets say I have scrolled down 10 rows of thumbnails…on the 11th row…just purge the 1st row of thumbnails from memory?

I dont care if say I decide to go back to the very first row and WD TV had already purged it and has to get the thumbnails from my PC again. Its all on my Home LAN…its Free and Fast…

Pls consider…

I’ve tested this firmware a couple of days ago, and I thought that it was fine.

But today I started the WDTV Live (cold start) and it wouldn’t display anything, the only thing I saw was the boot logo.

So I my case there are still HDMI issue’s, I’ll give some information about my TV set:

Samsung LE40A656A1FXXC LCD TV

Also tested it on another TV:

Samsung LE32B550A5PXXN LCD TV

And it also does not work!

I’ve uploaded a EDID file, I don’t know from which TV but it doesn’t matter because they both have the same problems.

http://www.multiupload.com/2BP69M9ZYM

Thanks, in advance

Hi!
I have firmware version “Beta v1.03.43” installed on my WD HD Live. DVD menus are great feature. Unfortunately there are some DVD-s where menu don’t work correctly. There are motion thumbnails on the main menu of these disks. Selected (default) thumbnail flicks lightly and there isn’t possibility to start video or select another item. On my standalone player Philips DVP-5980 all is correct. It seems to be a bug.
DVD disks are:

Slade Video Collection 1971-1982
Suzi Quatro Video Collection 1973-1981

It is possible to start these videos by pressing ‘Play’ on VIDEO_TS directory. Video starts without menu, but in this case it is not possible start VTS_02_x, VTS_03_x and so on VOBs if they are on the disk. Accessible is VTS_01_x only. So was also in release 1.02.21 with all disks having more than one VOB set. Also bug?

derekjason1968 wrote:

After using the unit for a day after the firmware upgrade, I’ve noticed that one time it reverted to 720p resolution, and another time the video setting changed to Composite, even though I’m connected via HDMI. The picture was unaffected. So. there’s still something odd going on with the video settings.

I’ve confirmed that the video setting changes back to Composite (NTSC) regularly and without my intervention. The output is still HDMI, though, and display is unaffected.  I change the setting to HDMI-1080i (60Hz) and after a period of time the setting is changed back to Composite (NTSC). I do not cycle power on the WDTV Live, but I do regularly switch between the WDTV Live and another HDMI device (satellite receiver).

I can confirm the same behavior (switching back to composite in the settings menu). Although the signal is still output on the HDMI port since I don’t have a composite cable hooked up!

It seems to happen after an extended shutdown or power reset. In my case the trigger for the HDMI<>Composite flip might be when I switch off my AVR?..

WDTV >> Yamy AVR >> Samsung (see sig)

Current .43B beta not quite there yet!

BR

Please fix the thumbnail caching issue with 300+ files.

Trader05 wrote:

Please fix the thumbnail caching issue with 300+ files.

What happens if you delete the thumb folder in the .wd_tv folder?

As others have mentioned, the player doesn’t turn itself completely off after pressing the off key on the remote. I didn’t have this on the last official firmware. Now, My dvdo edge doesn’t switch to my cable box, and changing input priorities on the dvdo is not the best solution for me. What changed? Can you fix it? Good news is that I was able to play a MKV that used to crash my player

FuGGer wrote:

well the problem is even tho i set it to 12 bit color…the setting does not “stick” / register…it keeps going back to 8 bit for some reason for my tv…Panasonic TH-P50V20A

and yes the tv will do 10 bit or 12 bit color (according to the manual)

Fugger,
According to the specs on the Internet  the Panasonic TH-P50V20A only accepts 10 bit and are able to boost (modify) the colour space to 12 bit (no real 12bit here).

Thanks Bill, just downloaded and clearly solve my problem (did not play some mkv movies don’t now why)

But now I can’t switch from 8 bits to 12 bit (settings-video) any suggestion?

Thanks

just in case my tv is a PANASONIC TH 50PZ 85 and supports deep color (12 bits)

Xtreme wrote:

FuGGer wrote:

well the problem is even tho i set it to 12 bit color…the setting does not “stick” / register…it keeps going back to 8 bit for some reason for my tv…Panasonic TH-P50V20A

and yes the tv will do 10 bit or 12 bit color (according to the manual)

Fugger,
According to the specs on the Internet  the Panasonic TH-P50V20A only accepts 10 bit and are able to boost (modify) the colour space to 12 bit (no real 12bit here).

mind giving me the link to the site?

in any case it still does not explain the fact that wd tv live does not retain the 12 bit colour setting when i set it as such…

Please WD!

Brings these two features back!

STOP capability in Preview!

DVD zoom!

kindalin wrote:

Please WD!

Brings these two features back!

STOP capability in Preview!

DVD zoom!

Did we ever have DVD zoom?

No, DVD zoom has never existed.

hello,

this firmware is still not working properly … I need to disconnect the power cord for the WD Live back to function normally (HDMI hanshake problem).

please help…

I have a solution … rollback to version 1.21, but some movies I can not see

» SAMSUNG LE40B651

sorry for my english I’am PT-PT lol

Is this going to fix MKV issues with playing and sound?

kpapamar wrote:

Is this going to fix MKV issues with playing and sound?

If you mean the ‘header compression’ problem then yes I believe it does.

I have WDTV Live connected to ONKYO 705 receiver and it still has HDMI issue where HDMI setting switches either to 720P or to PAL Component. Also the unit started to hang after turing ONKYO off and then on the next day would hang the unit. Requiers cold re-boot.