WDTV Live Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_V (10/19/10)

Tried 1.03.49_V on my WDTV Live. Reset the settings and watched a movie. After about 1.3 hrs, remote was unresponsive. I had to power-cycle the system to recover. Did not have this problem on 1.03.43_V

zaphod42 wrote:

@dro666: If you have a QNAP NAS, why don’t you use the Twonky DLNA mediaserver? There is no need for accessing the QNAP via SMB for streaming videos. And UPnP/AV is faster than SMB/CIFS or NFS. 1080p24 streaming works like a charme with Twonky… at least with my setup…

There’s plenty of reasons not to use Twonky…  Such as, it doesn’t support all the media types that the WDTV supports.  If you don’t use Shares, you can’t access them (DVD ISOs, for one.)

TonyPh12345 wrote:

There’s plenty of reasons not to use Twonky…  Such as, it doesn’t support all the media types that the WDTV supports.  If you don’t use Shares, you can’t access them (DVD ISOs, for one.)

• *> You are right with regard to ISOs oder DVD directory structures. But twonky supports most of the media types (avi, mkv, mp4, etc.). When it comes to playing DVD ISOs, I use shares as well.> Cheers,
      Zap>

I have just had version 1.03.49_V pushed out to my WDC Live via the internet. I am currently running 1.0.3.43_V.

Should this be so?

Cheers,

Finally…  I also just had 1.03.49_V pushed from the internet.  It must be official.  Also, it fixed the MP4 jerky stuttering video problem that was driving me crazy.

zaphod42 wrote:

@dro666: If you have a QNAP NAS, why don’t you use the Twonky DLNA mediaserver? There is no need for accessing the QNAP via SMB for streaming videos. And UPnP/AV is faster than SMB/CIFS or NFS. 1080p24 streaming works like a charme with Twonky… at least with my setup…

If you are unhappy with the build in version of the Twonky (V5.x has severall issues), then install the Twonky 4.4.17 QPKG.

Cheers,

Zap

works like a charm. nothing more to say

1000 thx

(http over udp - nice…)

cheers

Just upgraded over air download. Seems to be working OK. Just looked at problem files over network shares and synch issues seems to have gone. Proof in the pudding will be watching an entire film I suppose.

WD has just released the official update for the WD TV Live.  Therefore this thread is closed.