WD1200JB not recognized

Have been unable to access WD1200JB with Sabrent EC-AHDD USB Adapter using any of the specified jumper settings and using an iMac or a Win7 machine.  Sabrent unit works well with a Maxtor IDE drive.  Current Windows machine is SATA only, and original tower from WD1200JB has been recycled, so I can’t check drive in computer.  Sabrent says my drive is bad.  I’m not sure - it was fine just before I uninstalled it.  Drive powers up, makes a few read/write noises, but can’t be found in Disk Management on either computer.  Is there another USB IDE Drive Adaptor you would recommend?  Do you have any other suggestions?  THX!

Hi beaverfix, welcome to the Community. External USB drive enclosures are not supported, I recommend you to connect the hard drive directly to a computer motherboard and verify if it is working correctly. Some of the other Community users could also give you some advice on enclosures that work for them. 

Installing a WD SATA, SAS, or PATA drive in an external USB/NAS enclosure or Personal Video Recorder