WD TV Live Straming MP After upgrading to 1.04.12 subtitles .SRT for .mvk not working

Hi, after upgrading to the last version of firmware (1.04.12) the subtitles in .srt format are no longer recognized for .mkv files but are working fine for .avi

I’m straming from a TV LiveHub to a TV Live Straming

In the TV LiveHub there is no problem with the subtitles.

Any ideas?

Is to possible to rollback to the previous release of firmare, I believe that was 1.3.xx (something)

Thanks.

As for now, you can’t do a firmware rollback.

I’ve seen a couple of people complain about this in the Spanish forum. You should consider reporting this issue here, as it appears that it may indeed be a firmware bug.

I can only confirm that external SRT files do work with MKV files on version 1.03.XX. After reading about all the issues caused by version 1.04.12, I decided not to update my firmware.

I’m on 1.04.12 and have a ton of english forced .SRT files that work perfectly fine with my .MKV files.

I’m using a 3TB WD drive directly connected to the SMP.
Try doing a hard reset of the box, I had some issues (albeit different) and that seemed to fix it.

hope that helps.

HI, I tryied hard reset, factory default, nothing seem to fix the problem. When you said forced .SRT what do you mean? I just have the same name for both files (.mvk and .srt) under the same directory. Also, I’m not using any direct device attached to the WD, I’m straming from my WD TVLiveHub. Btw the .avi files with .srt are working without any problem.

In the mean time i already filed a new issue.

Thanks.

I’m on 1.04 as well, and all my SRT subs work without a hitch.

Cheers,

As others have pointed out…return it, get a new one, and skip the firware upgrade.

I can’t return it, bought in US but I live in Chile.

For those of you that .srt are working, have you used with .mvk? For me .avi work fine with .srt

Also, I’m streaming from another device  (WDTVliveHub), not using a local HD.

Thanks.

Bernard.-

yep all my movies are MKV and the .srt files all work perfectly.
i’ve been able to get them to work when the video is playing from a hdd or off my nas via wi-fi.

oh and forced srt’s are srt files that only have subs for the foreign parts in a movie, basically anything not english.