WD TV Live Firmware Update - Version 1.02.21

In this FW the users/passwords for the network shares are not retained.  It works fine if you have only 1 network share.  However, if you have more than one shares (multiple Network Attached Storages), it always reset to anonymous.  This is really annoying.  Does anyone has a work around for this? 

- NETWORK SHARES PROBLEM  PARTIALLY SOLVED ! ! ! ! !

The problem is with jumbo frames that your router and/or NAS has.

Disable Jumbo Frames and then all network shares should be available without problems again.

regards to all

ps Hey guys there at WD: YOU SHOULD TEST your firmwares…

Its not very nice to make your users nerves spaggeti…

I experiencing sometimes a slow/choppy playback, usally after 30-45 min of play. When I pause the video and after few seconds I play it again i becomes smooth.

Also, I tried some .mov trailers downloaded from Apple and they are all choppy, always.

This happens with the current firmware, but also with all previous verison i tried.

I have a Synology 207+ with 500gb drive, a 1tb usb plugged into port 1 fat32, a 500gb usb plugged into port 2 formatted fat32 and 2 pc’s with windows 7 that I share on the network. My router is a DLink DIR-655. Everything is hard wired using 4 pair so that I get the benefit of GB lan on the adaptors capable of that. I have the newest firmware on my WD TV Live.

Apart from having to remove my login info from the WD TV Live after upgrading and reconnecting to my shares I have had none of the issues everyone here is encountering. Everything connects quickly with no stuttering. I’ve had no issues with desynced audio. DTS in the MKV files I have seems fine. We watched for about 6 hours yesterday.

I too am having problems with accessing network shares with this latest firmware release.  I’ve tried everything suggested here, soft reset, hard reset, powering down for an extended period, reset router, rebooting everything, etc., but with no success.  About the only thing I haven’t tried is lighting incense and chanting during power-up!  :slight_smile:  I’ve reverted back to the previous firmware version and everything works fine. 

UNSUPPORTED AUDIO SIGNAL. (on MKV files)

previous firmware no such problem, after updating to 1.02.21 UNSUPPORTED AUDIO SIGNAL appeared.  WD please fix this, don’t tell me it my settings or set up.

THERE IS NO MEDIA IN THE CURRENT FOLDER

Shares on my Windows 7 (64bit) PC are not accessible anymore. Shares on my laptop (Windows XP) CAN be accessed from WDTV Live. I can access the Win 7 shares from XP.

Rolling back the firmware to 1.01.24 gave the Win 7 shares again.

Seems the problem is that the firmware is using the login name “anonymous” regardless of what is entered in the Username field.  A Wireshark capture on the network port of my Media Server PC shows this username being used as a login name.  Don’t know if creating such a user on my Windows 7 machine would actually help.

Thank you sir! This fixes it perfectly!

Grr… Made the mistake of updating without seeing what others had wrote.

Have noticed MP4’s I can now FWD and RWD so happy with that!

However, Network share died, but easily resolved by resting the settings and putting in User Name and Password, then clicking on the ‘Remember Password’ under Network Settings.

However, REALLY ticked off that my THUMBNAILS no longer come up! Only JPG files that are names ‘folder.jpg’!!! I took all that time renaming JPG’s to reflect the name of the file in the folder…

Hope WD resolve this issue!! I really dont want to have to rename everything all over again! Why don’t you just Hide .JPG extension while in ‘Video Mode’. This would resolve the issue of having to see both the .JPG and .Movie file. Then again that was the issue WHEN the thumbnails were actually working, BEFORE I Updated!

I appreciate that WD are bringing out better Firmware updates, however, starting to fear future Firmware updates!

arish wrote:

After updating to this new version I’m not able to access network shares on Win Vista 32-bit. 

After providing credentials I’m now getting message “This network share can not be accessed.”

I have a similar problem connecting to a share on Windows Server 2003 after the upgrade.  So far, it seems that the ONLY account that can connect is the local Administrator account.  Even granting the same permissions as the administrator to the account that worked before this upgrade won’t fiz the access.

vkarampelas wrote:

ps Hey guys there at WD: YOU SHOULD TEST your firmwares…

Its not very nice to make your users nerves spaggeti…

• *> This just made me LOL.> Anyways, firmware is good for me.  The whole colour space problem was a huge hurdle finally addressed, officially.  Seems more stable when switching file views, but still had the unit freeze once.> Subtitles up and down - great stuff!  But, subs still in need of some help on the horizontal plane finding their way to the center of the screen.  Is it just me or are subs off to the left?

MACRI wrote:

However, Network share died, but easily resolved by resting the settings and putting in User Name and Password, then clicking on the ‘Remember Password’ under Network Settings.

> * * *

I have three network shares…If I set the user name and password for all three and then turn off the

WDTV Live device, the password is only retrained for one of the shares…the other two are reset

to anonymous…

I don’t seen to have a ‘Remember Password’ Item in the Network settings where is it hiding?

Jerry

SOLVED!!!

THERE IS NO MEDIA IN THE CURRENT FOLDER (using a Windows 7 network share)

SOLVED!!!

I used Wireshark to see what was going on. Indeed WDTVLive was using the non existing user ‘anonymous’. I unchecked the auto login for network shares and cleared the cached password on the WDTVLive. When trying to access my Windows 7 shares, WDTVLive asked for the credentials for my Windows 7 PC. The existing user was indeed ‘anonymous’ with empty password. I changed it to my login info for the Windows 7 PC and everything went well. After that I enabled the auto login for network shares again.

WD forgot to test this upgrade scenario…

When you enable your WD TV Live to log in anonymously it attempts to use the anonymous account in Windows 7.  This account is not in the Everyone group by default.  To correct issues with seeing shares on your network after enabling the anonymous log in perform the following registry edit.

1. Navigate to the following in the registry editor. MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\

2. On the right side, double-click on ‘everyoneincludesanonymous’ and change the ‘Value data’ from '0’ to ‘1’

3. Double-click on ‘NoLmHash’ and change the 'Value data’ from ‘1’ to ‘0’

1. Navigate to the following in the registry editor: MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters

2. Double-click on ‘restrictnullsessaccess’ and change the ‘Value data’ from ‘1’ to ‘0’

Hi All,

I’ve done the same yesterday: upgrading, like I always do :smiley: .

And I’ve got the same issue… Can’t connect to the SMB Shares anymore.

After a Factory Reset, I could re-enter my credentials and could log on again.

BUT it seems that DLNA doesn’t wok anymore…

Can someone with a Synology as source confirm that point ?

(I’m only using the DLNA to stream Radio from my NAS).

Regards…

DLNA works fine for me with this firmware (but personnaly, I don’t use DLNA since you cannot play dvd iso with this protocol, I use SMB share instead)

Can anyone confirm this firmware has solved the SMB shares disconnection ?

:dizzy_face:

I’m happy that you’ve had a good experience with firmware updates, but you might want to consider that people who are reporting problems are having a legitimate experience.  I don’t have much use for the flamers and the trolls, but the truth is that WD released an update earlier this year that bricked a bunch of devices, and this one appears to be cuasing problems too.

If I report that I can no longer access my network shares when I could BEFORE the update, does that make me a critic or naysayer?  Is it reasonable for the purchaser of a product to expect some level of quality control so that their updates do not make things worse for their customers? 

This thread is over 100 entries now, and it’s not all folks talking about how they love the update.

True !

Updates should make it better not worst.

Yes ntwork is somehow better, but I cannot play anymore movies that I could allways play before. Due to slowdowns after 10-15 min. of playback and audio problems. Plus all folders only display the “folder.jpg” and not the “movie.jpg” as it allways did before.

so for 1 improvements 2 more problems.

Meaning in my case :

Ok , dear cutomer, now you connect better to your server, but no more covers on dispaly (uless you rename all your jpgs 200+ to folder.jpg) and all your movies can only be seen for 10 min. HAHAHAHA !!

That’s pretty evil…

Thank you WDTV Live developer team to make me regret to ever buy this product.

Now I only have to wait 3 months before next update where only god knows what other trouble will give me.

And I’ve been one of the most supportive clients. I’ve allways loved my Live … not anymore.

DonFede wrote:

so for 1 improvements 2 more problems.

The American saying goes, “One step forward, two steps back.”

DonFede wrote:

That’s pretty evil…

Thank you WDTV Live developer team to make me regret to ever buy this product.

Now I only have to wait 3 months before next update where only god knows what other trouble will give me.

And I’ve been one of the most supportive clients. I’ve allways loved my Live … not anymore.

You have to remember that “LIVE” spelled backward is “EVIL.” Think about it.

Every time I turn on my WDTV Live, it tells me about the firmware update, and I cross myself and say, “No, thank you!”