v2.3 released: WDTVHubGen - Looks up Movies, TV Shows and creates XML for the Hub

Narny,

do you have an xml file in the same directory as these video files? if you do and they are same name, the program assumes it put them there and is trying to process them.  

a quick test, just put a single movie file (avi, mkv, etc…) into a directory and point the application at that file.

thanks

Jeff

1 Like

Yeah I’d not taken out what the hub had already generated, I went through and deleted all data, and re-ran the program, excellent results.  Everything had processed properly.  I’m very very happy.  It even put the proper cover art on all my tv series’s where the hub just puts generic art, not the correct art per series.

However I do still have one problem remaining, if I go back into the program and load up a folder that it had already processed, and click on one of the files a huge error message pops up. So rescanning and such is very hard to do, you have to time it between error messages. I’ll screen shot it if that helps.  However I will add I’m running windows 8 Pre Release. So not sure if that has something to do with it. I’m very aware that you cannot support a pre release OS, so if it’s working just fine on your system, chances are its just 8 that messes it up.  If your interested, I’m running it in 7 compatability mode with admin privs. Other than that error it works just fine and has made my life so much easier.

Hmm ok, forget the error. Not sure whats happened, but I just relaunched the program and loaded up a folder, its working perfectly, maybe teething problems. And I can’t make the error happen again.

So if interested, will work perfectly on windows 8 so long as you set compatability mode to windows 7 and tick run as administrator.

Thanks so much for an amazing program.

Ok, I did manage to reproduce the error.  What is happening is once you’ve scanned and processed a folder, and it’s all gone through and says done, if you click on any of the movie’s it throws up an error.  What’s happening is it’s looking for the previous file name, the one before it renames it.

If you rescan the folder it’s fine.  Other than that, perfect.  Guess I just remember to rescan the folder after i’ve processed it.

Thanks again for a superb app

Nevermind… :slight_smile:

I just started using this program. Awesome! I am now catching up on the thread. Kudos and thanks!

Hey NoSlack913, great program! Thanks for all your hard work.

I am having a problem with it though.

Error Message:

Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.

Inner Exception: No Inner Exception

Stack Trace: at WDTVHubGen.frmMainForm.LoadSeriesByID(Int32 id, VideoItem item)

I have season 1 of american dad, the first 7 episodes work perfectly but the other ones just keep popping up with this error. It is like this with the majority of my tv shows…

I noticed that my .net framework needs updating from windows update. I will do all the updates and see if that fixes this issue.

i just got my wd tv live hub and ive been looking into how to add my videos info and artwork. this looks cool,but, so far im using my hub to watch my videos in the living room. any ideas how to add the video/movie data onto the hub? im sorry, im new at this and would like and idea on how to customize my tv hub. any suggestions would be of some help. thanks in advance!

Hi,

Same problem here, but with Windows 8. The solution of changing my OS  language from french to english worked for Windows 7, but it appears that it doesn’t work anymore for windows 8.

As you said that “there is a simple fix”, could you please look at it and send it to me ?

Thanks and regards

Alain

kuddos!

I tried again and finally found a solution for Windows 8 (must work for W7 too) : it’s the time format. To be able to avoid the error, the time format must be in english. So just go to control panel, languages and change the time format to english US (Anglais Etats-unis). Don’t change the standard display language for all computer, just the time format and it works as a charm.

Alain

Lilamezz wrote:

I tried again and finally found a solution for Windows 8 (must work for W7 too) : it’s the time format. To be able to avoid the error, the time format must be in english. So just go to control panel, languages and change the time format to english US (Anglais Etats-unis). Don’t change the standard display language for all computer, just the time format and it works as a charm.

Alain

This solution is for the problem WDTVHubgen don’t work on french computer for Woindows 8.

Hello, I am trying to process my movies.  This error where it cant access the .wd_tv folder keeps popping up and irritating me.  I don’t know why it is being created by the WD TV live unit.  Is there a way to tell this program to overlook the folders named .wd_tv ??

thanks

error.jpg

.WD_TV Folder is used to memorize where you stopped viewing a film, in order to be able to restart (resume) at this position.

Just move your movies on another folder ?

Alain

Well, I don’t really want to do that.  It would require me going through 700+ movie folders / 4TB worth of data.   That would take a looooong time.  I’m wondering if theres an easy way to script this program to overlook only the .wd_tv folder/directory

oh, also I’ve tried to delete the .wd_tv folder and in any which way or form it always denies me access, I can not delete that folder!  All the movies are stored on a NAS box, I have full rights to it, so I’m not quite sure why these folders can not be deleted.  The only way I’ve found is going through the shell on the nas box and through command line delete it, but that, again takes an extraordinary amount of time.

Hi,

I’m not sure why it is trying to process that folder, it should ignore that folder, I’m checking to see if I can replicate, but I’m not sure what is happening to you.  BTW, the .wdtv folder is created by the device, not by this program.

I was finally able to replicate your error… weird. The program is designed to skip over any directory that has a leading period (.)  as they are normally hidden and not very useful to the program, I’ll investigate why this is happening.

thanks

thanks much.  This is a very nice program btw!

Hi,

I do confirm change date format from french to english works perfectly on Windows7 French Edition !

Thank you !

ecbatane

Can someone help me out with the metadata…

I have been trying to find out how this works when you are syncing via USB and I cant find anything about it.

I want to add metadata to my media.

I would love the idea of moviesheets, but I am starting small.

I have used the WDTVHubGen and generated .jpg .xml files for the movies that I have.

This hub is not on any network, so I just use a USB stick to bring new movies on it…

Do I simply copy the XML and JPG files on the USB when I am doing the sync - and they are copied over?

Thanks