v2.3 released: WDTVHubGen - Looks up Movies, TV Shows and creates XML for the Hub

Awesome, thanks noslack for all your hard work. Looking forward to giving it a try this evening

-P

NoSlack, I know what you are saying about the guest stars.  That would be cool if the guest stars listed first…  I give your efforts an A+.  For the most part once you understand the logic of your program its pretty easy to work around any issues with the names of the files causing problems.  It is still the best thing out there for speed sake.  I upgraded from the old Live player to a HUB and a live streaming.  I crunched out 500+ movies and 15 tv series in a couple hours.  It is a life saver.  If the movie is “12 Monkeys”…I just renamed the file “Monkeys” and then 12 monkeys was one of the possiblities to choose from.  Before the rename it kept trying to search as a TV show…

Hey Noslack, you were asking about ideas for the next gen of your app.  How about implimenting this ?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Folder-Metadata-trick-for-FW2-04-13/td-p/254820

This will allow you to have an xml file for the folders that way you can have a TV series overview.

Thanks

A quick question -

I’ve used HubGen 2.1 to create TV Show Data for several episodes on my WDTV Hub, but they do not show up when I set the filter to “TV Shows” on the Hub. I have Media Library enabled and it has scanned the episodes.

I also notice that when I use HubGen, it does not have tabs at the top for “Movies” and “TV”, as in the screenshots in the first post of this thread, but just “Video”. The .xml it creates for my TV episodes has the correct information, but is different from the .xml generated by the Hub (which does show up under the TV Shows filter).

Thanks.

EDIT found my issue

This prog is SWEET!   

Hi, thanks for the great program.  It mainly works well, until now.  I am trying to use it for a show called Emergency! and it keeps producing an error.  I think it might be because the show name has an exclaimation point at the end of it !.

Emergency!   

Great show.   I remember racing home from school as a kid to watch it the re-runs daily at 3:30…  and then in prime time later in the week.   :slight_smile:

I have come across the issue… Basically if there is xml files existing for already parsed data there, the application tries to open those files and crashes.

First off well done on an awesome program. You have taken months off my 'Get Content Info’ing. I seem to be having an issue which only happened on one file at first, but now seems to be occuring quite frequently. This is the error message I get:

Error in WDTVHubGen at LoadSeriesByID

Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Inner Exception: No Inner Exception

Stack Trace: at WDTVHubGen.frmMainForm.LoadSeriesByID(Int32 id, VideoItem item)

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Thanks for the xml program…i feel stupid but i cannot get the tvdb.com to show me the series id

i am going crazy…2 days to organize my TNG and im losing it…

Please help…i tried to search the series name and the tvdb brings me to the correct seris but i do not see any id number

I saw the same thing with Babylon 5. If I went to the ‘Search’ screen I’d get lots of info but  no ID #, however the search box on the ‘Home’ page with just Babylon (without the 5) gave me a list of possibles, all with ID #'s and ‘Babylon 5’ was in the list.

GCG

the soft V2.1 works very fine for me for series.

But for movies it’s nightmare, nothing works at all. I have no other xml files in subdir, only the movies in mkv files.

I keep have the error message : error in xml (8,8)

ANd when I try to manually search, i have abour the same error : 

System.InvalidOperationException: Il existe une erreur dans le document XML (8, 8). —> System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d’entrée est incorrect.
à System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
à System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
à TheMovieDB.TmdbMovie.set_PopularityAsString(String value)
à Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderTmdbMovieSearchResults.Read10_TmdbMovie(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
à Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderTmdbMovieSearchResults.Read11_TmdbMovieSearchResults(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
à Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderTmdbMovieSearchResults.Read12_OpenSearchDescription()
— Fin de la trace de la pile d’exception interne —
à System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
à TheMovieDB.TmdbAPI.GetMovieInfo(Int32 id, String language)
à WDTVHubGen.frmMainForm.LoadMovieByID(Int32 Id, VideoItem item, Int32 cd1, Int32 cd2)
à WDTVHubGen.frmMainForm.manuallySearchForTitleToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l’assembly : 4.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

WDTVHubGen
Version de l’assembly : 1.0.3.0
Version Win32 : 1.0.3.0
CodeBase : file:///D:/Downloads/WDTVHubGen.v2.1.1.stable/WDTVHubGen.exe

System.Windows.Forms
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

log4net
Version de l’assembly : 1.2.10.0
Version Win32 : 1.2.10.0
CodeBase : file:///D:/Downloads/WDTVHubGen.v2.1.1.stable/log4net.DLL

System.Configuration
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

WDTVHubGen.Base
Version de l’assembly : 1.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
CodeBase : file:///D:/Downloads/WDTVHubGen.v2.1.1.stable/WDTVHubGen.Base.DLL

TvdbLib
Version de l’assembly : 0.8.8.0
Version Win32 : 0.8.0.0
CodeBase : file:///D:/Downloads/WDTVHubGen.v2.1.1.stable/TvdbLib.DLL

DevComponents.DotNetBar2
Version de l’assembly : 10.0.0.1
Version Win32 : 10.0.0.1
CodeBase : file:///D:/Downloads/WDTVHubGen.v2.1.1.stable/DevComponents.DotNetBar2.DLL

ObjectListView
Version de l’assembly : 2.5.0.19774
Version Win32 : 2.5.0.0
CodeBase : file:///D:/Downloads/WDTVHubGen.v2.1.1.stable/ObjectListView.DLL

PropertyGridEx
CodeBase : file:///D:/Downloads/WDTVHubGen.v2.1.1.stable/PropertyGridEx.DLL

System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

Accessibility
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

WDTVHubGen.Util
CodeBase : file:///D:/Downloads/WDTVHubGen.v2.1.1.stable/WDTVHubGen.Util.DLL

tvdkgieq
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Design
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.237 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll

System.Core
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

Microsoft.VisualBasic
Version de l’assembly : 10.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System.Data
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll

mscorlib.resources
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

TheMovieDBLib
CodeBase : file:///D:/Downloads/WDTVHubGen.v2.1.1.stable/TheMovieDBLib.DLL

tanb0k31

System.xml.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L’application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l’ordinateur
plutôt que d’être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

Hi BClark, not sure why you need the series id, but I found “Show ID”, is that what you mean?

Thats not the same thing though as the IMDB# which you get from imdb.com

Is there any way to reset our folder the way it was? Like an Undo or whatever?

I foolishly tried the automatic process and it screwed everything. Some movies were renamed (animation movie 9 was rename to avatar and there’s a lot of those kind of errors and my “default” naming convention isn’t unnatural since it’s just year - title) and since it’s my kid machine… there’s a lot of our dvd on it.

So is there a way to revert back to the original name? I see there’s a column about it, but that’s it. Removing XML does only one partial change.

Hi,> Yes there is a way to undo, right now it is manual. I will work up a quick utility and post it quickly to help you out.> the xml files contain the name of the file when it was processed, so if you dont process again :slight_smile: then I can write a utility to reverse it.> thanks> Jeff> * * *
thegreaterikku wrote:

I foolishly tried the automatic process and it screwed everything. Some movies were renamed (animation movie 9 was rename to avatar and there’s a lot of those kind of errors and my “default” naming convention isn’t unnatural since it’s just year - title) and since it’s my kid machine… there’s a lot of our dvd on it.

So is there a way to revert back to the original name? I see there’s a column about it, but that’s it. Removing XML does only one partial change.

1 Like

Ok, i added a menu item to the context (right click) menu that will force the file back to original name.  

it is a quick/maintenance release on codeplex  (wdtvhubgen.codeplex.com) v2.1.2 maint.

Maintenance Release

hopefully this will save your files…

NoSlack913 wrote:

Hi,> Yes there is a way to undo, right now it is manual. I will work up a quick utility and post it quickly to help you out.> the xml files contain the name of the file when it was processed, so if you dont process again :slight_smile: then I can write a utility to reverse it.> thanks> Jeff> * * *
thegreaterikku wrote:

1 Like

Oh wow! Thanks a lot. You just saved a lot of hours writing everything back to normal.

I’ll have to check what went wrong though.

No problem.  Please let me know if it works for you. thanks.

thegreaterikku wrote:

Oh wow! Thanks a lot. You just saved a lot of hours writing everything back to normal.

I’ll have to check what went wrong though.

I can’t get this great program to work for movies anymore it works fine for tv shows any ideas? I just seem to be getting errors whenever I search for movies.