v2.3 released: WDTVHubGen - Looks up Movies, TV Shows and creates XML for the Hub

NoSlack913 wrote:

Hey, I haven’t upgraded, do you have a copy of the new xml with First aired in it? i can use that to add this to the newest version.

gracias…

kainat wrote:

I have just updated to the latest firmware, as I am sure you have, and they have changed the ‘year’ tag to ‘First Aired’ so none of the dates show up anymore.

thanks

• *No I do not have an XML generated with first aired in it. I can’t figure out how to get it to generaate one with this firmware. It is supposed to have tv show support. It look like tony has posted one…

Tony,

thanks!

I’ll check for other differences and publish a patch to the program. thanks.

Jeff, what is the friendly name your prg will find for TV series? Can I name the folder Season 1 then each MKV ripped episode S2E13? I ripped Arrested Development, just named the folder/mkv “Arrested Development” and processed…found AD just fine but then I had to do manual search for season and episode number. Justcurious if I have it all typed out a certain way to begin with will it automatically find the specific episode as well.

thx

Scott

Scott,

the system processes a file based on its name, it only uses the directory when it is a vts or vob file.

would be really challenging for some to use that kind of structure…

Jeff

theruckman wrote:

Jeff, what is the friendly name your prg will find for TV series? Can I name the folder Season 1 then each MKV ripped episode S2E13? I ripped Arrested Development, just named the folder/mkv “Arrested Development” and processed…found AD just fine but then I had to do manual search for season and episode number. Justcurious if I have it all typed out a certain way to begin with will it automatically find the specific episode as well.

thx

Scott

CALL FOR IDEAS!!!

Im currently writing the “next generation” of this program (long weekend) and i would like ideas about restructuring and new/different information to present.

ideas i’m batting around: having the program scan “know areas” for new files to be processed

displaing everything as a series of directory/files instead of ajust a  list from a single directory

embedding a media player, or giving the option to launch one (that way you could use this to browse yoru files and play them directly)

more manual processing options (add your own thumbs, directly edit the xml information)

better TV series infomraiton (guest stars, episode rating, etc…)

list information (type of file, languages/audio tracks, codec, width, height, 720p, 480p, 1080p, etc…)

thoughts

Ideas?

also posting this up on the wdtvhubgen.codeplex.com site.

1. Music scraping
  2. Movie Sheet support

Be able to use the same thumb for each episode of a season. Have the app run automatically. Watch directories for new tv shows. I will try and think of more…

How about an option to use hi resolution pictures. The low resolution pictures that the program now saves look very bad on a 50 inch plasma. I like the program and use it often. Every time I use it I have to delete the pictures and surf the net for replacements. It’s is a bit annoying to have to use an automated program and then go back and do it manually.

really like the idea of the built in medai player -kinda like DVD Fab has a little tiny window where the movie starts playing, that would be great for confirming which TV episode u are dealing with…thx Jeff!

Outsider (cool name)

can you send me an example of the high resolution picture that works on your system. I actually down sample the nice ones the program gets becuase the hub rejects picture over a certain size in kb. perhaps they have a loop hole and I would love to allow that, look forward to seeing what you send.

BTW, which version of hubgen are you using? there was a bug a long time ago that generated really ugly pics, but recently i thought they look pretty good on my tv.

thanks

Jeff

Outsider wrote:

How about an option to use hi resolution pictures. The low resolution pictures that the program now saves look very bad on a 50 inch plasma. I like the program and use it often. Every time I use it I have to delete the pictures and surf the net for replacements. It’s is a bit annoying to have to use an automated program and then go back and do it manually.

the same thumb for each episode? it currently does that, are you asking for a different thumb? or perhaps to turn off numbering?

watch directories is somethign I really want too, at least will add a “new files found” option on startup.

thanks

kainat wrote:
Be able to use the same thumb for each episode of a season. Have the app run automatically. Watch directories for new tv shows. I will try and think of more…

NoSlack913 wrote:

the same thumb for each episode? it currently does that, are you asking for a different thumb? or perhaps to turn off numbering?

watch directories is somethign I really want too, at least will add a “new files found” option on startup.

thanks

kainat wrote:

Sorry,  I was thinking that once you search a show the first time and return the thumb, store it and use it for any other episode that comes in for that season.  I find that with the TVDB people keep adding new “season art” and you end up with some episodes using one thumb and other episodes using a different one( because someone added a new one on the TVDB)

I hope this makes sense.  i can do a screen shot if it helps.

Thanks

Here is a copy of an image I use. Most are this size and have no problem displaying on my system. I do not use the internal drive. I use a network drive. The Media Library feature is turned off. I do not yet use the moviesheets but I am interested in the concept. (my learning curve has just begun) I am using the newest… 2.1

Would love the option to use the folder name instead of the video file name for it’s lookup.

Also, would LOVE for it to download the backdrops at the same time it gets the rest of the metadata instead of having to wait until it’s accessed by the player the first time and then they are brought down.  Gets the cover.jpg now and the rest are referenced in the .xml.  If the backdrops where already in place it’d help my huge library out a great deal.

Finally, I think someone already said it but I’d love to be able to filter out folders that already have the metadata in place so it’s quicker to load/refresh since I might only have a handful ot things missing metadata but have 100’s of things in the same folder that are complete.

You rule!

I guess I am a week late. :dizzy_face: I just noticed this same problem.  The “first aired” is only on the TV shows for whatever reason.  Movies are still “Year” and work fine.  Also the “actor” list works fine for movies but on TV episodes it is blank.  I did the same thing as TonyPh12345 to look at the differences.  The actor names are just in a long string with “/” between them in the raw version.  I manually modified a few .xml’s and got them to display correctly.  I’ll be darned if I do them all :)  You have spoiled me too much with the batch processing… 

V2.1.1 Stable is released :smiley:

V.2.1.1 click here to download the next release.

This is a maintenance release to fix some UI bugs

• Manual Lookup not offering a save this one button, fixed
  • several little bugs
  • Series Folder Icon Folder returned to UI for saving folder icon for a series.
  • Enabled the IMDB lookup

Thanks Noslack, it seems to be working great!

Thanks NoSlack.  Tried the new version.  Thanks for adding “firstaired” for the TV shows.  Just and FYI the Actor category for TV shows still doesnt work.  Tried on both the live streaming and Hub.

working on a better solution for tv shows, i’ll update the actors spot, but wanted to add an option to list the Gues stars first (optionally) becuase with most tv show i know who the stars are, but love to learn who the guests are.  thoughts?

That sounds good to me…  There is another problem and it is with mini series.  The app can’t seem to find them.  It treats them like movies and I tried entering the imdb number and it still does not find it.  The show I am talking about is Neverland.

Thanks.