Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

ahhh @#!* someone slap me, i forgot a slash!  In my denfense I am chasing my 4 yr old around while trying this. Geesh.

Sorry and thanks everyone! I am done with this for today.

DeVicious wrote:

" hereby I am granting an unlimited license for the files I own and created myself "

Sounds a bit open ended, maybe even dangerous. Certainly, not the kind of words a lawyer would recommend 

@ zamzickles

:smileyvery-happy: wish my memory was as good as yours! :smileyvery-happy:

wdtvhub wrote:

D:\Moviesheets$N$E

Then open up notepad and type

ren *.jpg *.

Save the notepad as rename.bat save this in the Moviesheets folder

Once you have saved all your sheets to the folder, double click the bat file and it will rename all the sheets to the same as the movie, then drop them in the root of the theme folder.

edi -  or you could have read the post two posts up :frowning:

One more line added to that batch file could also copy all the files, once renamed, to the theme folder!

ahhh wasn’t MSDOS great :wink:

1 Like

sudheer wrote:

DeVicious I noticed that the Release date is missing from movie information. Is it safe to ask if you could include this along the age restriction thing? Most of the time, we will check the movie release year in movie information. Its just a request, I know you have space constrains but if you could, please consider this request. Thanks!

it didn’t interest me for movies and I wouldn’t want to put it in there along with the age restriction because there is no space but I can make a seperate template that has either one of them along with a command list for do it yourself people.

some great community effort here, thanx for the help! :heart:

dudeman316 wrote:

ahhh @#!* someone slap me

sure… tell us where and when :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you are getting paid for you work!

Any chance of a smp version?

Err never mind just finshed reading…lol

the navigation becomes extremely slow with xml files, I decided to sacrifice the YouTube links in order to get a better performance.

can anybody provide some more detail about these youtube links

since I just recently got an SMP, I never saw the original version of Black Mamba

I’m guessing these where elements in the XML, which allowed one to access the youtube Trailers

I’d like to take a look and see what I can do with it

KAD79 wrote:

the navigation becomes extremely slow with xml files, I decided to sacrifice the YouTube links in order to get a better performance.

can anybody provide some more detail about these youtube links

since I just recently got an SMP, I never saw the original version of Black Mamba

I’m guessing these where elements in the XML, which allowed one to access the youtube Trailers

I’d like to take a look and see what I can do with it

Hi KAD

the you tube links are included in the V4 Sheets and you can run the trailers if you turn the library on, it is an xml output indeed.

Age Restriction and Release Date Template

I didnt use the age symbols for the same reasons i never used them before,

besides them looking differently in several countries I am not a fan of them and they wouldn’t fit into the design (for my eyes) So I made a compromise and put them into some unused space without losing original information. My ideal solution for kids would have been to make the black boxes turn red when the movie is not age appropriate for your kids. (could setup the age limit) so you could simply tell your kids “don’t watch the red movie” which they will do first thing when you leave the house :laughing: (J/K)

So here is a compromise solution due to not having enough time right now, hope it works if not keep ideas flowing and I will see what i can do when I have time.

DOWNLOAD HERE

replace the existing “TEMPLATE.XML” file in your folder located at:

…\Templates\Black Mamba Final\Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious\Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious

Watchmen.Ultimate.Cut

Tinker.Tailor.Soldier.Spy.2011.720p.BluRay

Looks great sadly no rss which i actually use.

Adding RSS back into this theme is very easy.

You just need to edit the  inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml file …and add this code.

<button valkey="RV_HOME_MENU_RSS"
	        name="RSS"
		normal_bg="image/main_rss_feeds_icon_n.png"
		focused_bg="image/main_rss_feeds_icon_f.png"
		disabled_bg="image/main_rss_feeds_icon_n.png"		
/>

But the down side is you will need a menu png for it to show correct on the home screen.
You could always borrow other home menu pngs from another theme you like. Just make sure you replace all the home menu screens so it all flows with each other.

Quite likely unless your wearing to splints do to tfcc tears and it becomes somewhat harder :(.

@ Magnus33

Not sure what you mean by any of your words lol

i believe he wanted to say that he is wearing a splint around his wrist :dizzy_face:

Anywho, not sure how much it hurts and how good your mobility is, you can download the PSD file and make your own menu page and add the code as “littleg68” suggested. Literally a 5 minutes job even without experience. You can always ask, me or the others will guide you through.

get better soon

how did you get the TFCC? :smileyvery-happy: (j/k)

1 Like

Exactly.

Its not improving my typing either it seems.

Its not the pain but the lack of feeling and control in both hands that causing issues.

Makes it bloody hard to type with both hands like this but I see the surgeon on the 19 so hopefully that’s coming to a end.

Giving me free time though so all experment.

Magnus33 wrote:

Exactly.

Its not improving my typing either it seems.

Its not the pain but the lack of feeling and control in both hands that causing issues.

Makes it bloody hard to type with both hands like this but I see the surgeon on the 19 so hopefully that’s coming to a end.

Giving me free time though so all experment.

Good luck for the 19th then!

Experiment away and if you’re stuck come back here and ask, i left out 3 menu items (games, rss, live tv) and I am sure people might wanna have them back, so your sharing of experience will help others too. It is really easy and you can do it with some pointers.

Hello,

Great theme,  I am having trouble with my folder sheet showing up.

I tried took out the .jpg following (Same procedure with folder sheet except that they don’t have a file extension at all… (i.E. Avatar.jpg becomes avatar), but it still not working.  Is this file supposed to be in the theme root folder as well or in the folder where the movie is?

Many thanks for  your answer DeVicious, i will try it when i got some time.

greets Magic

prophet_ca wrote:> Is this file supposed to be in the theme root folder as well or in the folder where the movie is?

yes it is supposed to go into the root folder of the theme as well :slight_smile: