Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

ok i dont wanna goof anything up in ThumbGen, so how do I make sure everything goes to one set folder? Thanks :slight_smile:

dudeman316 wrote:

ok i dont wanna goof anything up in ThumbGen, so how do I make sure everything goes to one set folder? Thanks :slight_smile:

create a folder named “linksheets” somewhere… in example in your user profile documents (my documents)

now your path would be like this:

C:\Users\dudeman316\documents\linksheets$N

(that is the version if you want to change from jpg to the movie file extension)

I recommend to do it like this

C:\Users\dudeman316\documents\linksheets$N$E

(this will create your a “moviename.extension.jpg” simply get rid off the jpg, it is easier because you don’t have to remember what file extension the movie is.

1 Like

DeVicious wrote:

ok i will do it but be prepared it is not a walk in the park because thumbgen supports only 1 cover and will not be able to automatically create covers for several movies. this means you will have to generate the covers first and then load them via manual adding in to the template as a fanart. i will provide the PSD files along with it, that is potentially faster.

This is great Dev, thanks for setting it up. I have been manualy making series sheets but a template would be of great help.

-P

DeVicious wrote:

" hereby I am granting an unlimited license for the files I own and created myself "

Sounds a bit open ended, maybe even dangerous. Certainly, not the kind of words a lawyer would recommend  :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I’ve been an attorney for 27 years–DeV is fine wth this language, which clearly refers solely to the PSD files she uploaded for the benefit of the community.

Hi DeVicious,

glad to see that u r still “active” in the forum.

Hope u don´t mind that i bother u with a question about the goodbye Black Mamba Theme wich is really great.

Ecellent Work!!!

So it´s working on my WDTV SMP, when i go in the Medialibrary to the Movie Folder and select a  File, in Galley View the Movie sheets show up, when i do the same thing in the TV Show Folder and select a File there is not even on  sheet displayed.  Waht is showed are the covers on the downside and as background the nice blue exed lady.

Followd ur manual using the v4 templates in TG for Movie Sheet and TV Sheet. i´m not using the Link Sheet thing.

All Files r generated with TG and ur bundle only set to german language, i compared the generated xml files of Movies and TV Shows no difference to, maybe i have to change something in one of the theme xml Files, but i don´t now much about the xml thing.

the movie.jpg, movie_sheet.jpg and movie.xml generatet bei TG r in the same folder as movie.

Searched all over but didnt find anxthing helpfull.

Help on this would ver kind of u.

Folder Structur on a Win Network Share/WDTV Attached USB Drive

TV Shows

— Show Name 1

----- Show Name 1 Season 1

-------- Show Name.S01E01.mkv

Movies

— Movie.mkv

Movie 2.mkv

Movie Name Folder

------Movie Name.Part 1.mkv

Movie Name.Part 2.mkv

Movie Name Folder

------Movie Name Folder 1

----------Movie Name Folder 1.mkv

Movie Name Folder 2

----------Movie Name Folder 2.mkv

by the way is it possible to give the Folders a sheet  or background in gallery view, to show up a episodes list for the season folder or thinga like that.

Hello Magic

the problem with the TV shows is that WD has made changes to the way they are triggered.

you have 2 options from here

1. roll back your firmware to the previous version

2. rename all your tv episodes

you currently naming them “TVSHOW.S01E01.MKV” which is correct

in order to make it work with the hub again you need to trick the hub into thinking that it is NOT a TV Show

you can do that the easiest way by naming it “TVSHOW.S01.E01.MKV”

(notice the period between Season and Episode)

Thumbgen will recognize it for what it is, your WD Device not and sheets should work fine.

I suggest your get Bulk Renamer or simply roll back the firmware, this version of the theme will not make any troubles with any of the older firmware versions.

1 Like

again thanks DeV for all the help, I just noticed there is no text at the bottom of the screen for files and folders, was this left out of this version?

Legaldawg wrote:

I’ve been an attorney for 27 years–DeV is fine wth this language, which clearly refers solely to the PSD files she uploaded for the benefit of the community.

he is probably referring to the ownership part since nobody can know which elements i own.

I couldn’t write up a full license and making a catalog but people can always ask… the spiderman image is clearly not from me and so are the parts that are similar or used in a similar way. The frame design, buttons etc… is all me done from the scratch

dudeman316 wrote:

again thanks DeV for all the help, I just noticed there is no text at the bottom of the screen for files and folders, was this left out of this version?

yep, i hated it to death, i wanted to stab my eyaballs everytime i saw it and this version was adjusted to work with linksheets where this becomes obsolete.

1 Like

ok im messing with thumbgen now, I cant figure out how or where to setup custom paths to save sheets.

Ok I cant figure it out, there is something I am not understanding, someone please shed some light on this for me. Thanks

dudeman316 wrote:

ok im messing with thumbgen now, I cant figure out how or where to setup custom paths to save sheets.

Ok I cant figure it out, there is something I am not understanding, someone please shed some light on this for me. Thanks

dudeman,

1) Open Thumbgen,

2) choose the template that you want to use and then pick “options” from the top bar of buttons (has the hammer and screwdriver".

3) When the Options page comes up, choose “Input / Output Naming” on the left hand side, and you will see the option to give a path and other options for each of the sheets and thumbnails that are generated.

4)You can then add either relative or absolute paths and naming choices for the files you are generating.

here are two links I would check out if I were changing the options you are:

This link explains what each of the naming options for tokens do ($M, $N etc) 

This link takes you to the main page where you can find lots of info

Good Luck

-P

2 Likes

thanks for this,  I will give a few reads.

The one thing I am getting hung up in is saving image files on different drive than movie, can this be done?

Sure. Use and absolute path such as D:\Screens etc. instead of the relative ones “”$M…$N"

Took me a bit of playing around with the options till I understood it (still at a basic level) but I found it very helpful to know how to alter the paths and the naming convention to meet my own needs and not be stuck with the defaults. The TG site has some great information. From the main TG web page, under the “documention” menu there are tutorials, documents and FAQs which are worh reading. A little bit of knowledge goes a long way when you are working on this.

-P

2 Likes

@dudeman316 

Thanks to @flhthemi. I am just repeating the instructions.

1. Create a folder on your computer drive (Mine is E:\Sheets)
  2. Open TG. Click the Options button
  3. Click the Input/Output Naming tab
  4. Edit info in “Main Movie Sheet” TO: Your Drive Letter:\Sheets$N$E (Mine was “E:\Sheets$N$E”)
  5. Create moviesheets (Same way that you were doing earlier).
  6. It will create a cover jpg file on the same folder where your movie resides, it also create moviesheet in “E:\Sheets" (example: E:\Sheets\troy.mkv.jpg”). Then you need to remove the “.jpg” from the file so now your file is “E:\Sheets\troy.mkv” then you need to cut/copy this file to your Hub theme folder (/wd_tv/theme/good bye black mamba/). Just place all your files from "E:\Sheets" to this theme folder.
  7. The old xml’s should be removed from your movie folders.

Thats it.

1 Like

DeVicious I noticed that the Release date is missing from movie information. Is it safe to ask if you could include this along the age restriction thing? Most of the time, we will check the movie release year in movie information. Its just a request, I know you have space constrains but if you could, please consider this request. Thanks!

ok  i want to put all my sheets in D:\Moviesheets

I tried this earlier and it just wouldnt work.

ok for instance using the BlackMamba Movie sheet final template, for main movie I have this: $M..$N

if I want to put just moviesheets in D:\Moviesheets, what is the exact text i should input? thanks

D:\Moviesheets$N$E

Then open up notepad and type

ren *.jpg *.

Save the notepad as rename.bat save this in the Moviesheets folder

Once you have saved all your sheets to the folder, double click the bat file and it will rename all the sheets to the same as the movie, then drop them in the root of the theme folder.

edi -  or you could have read the post two posts up :frowning:

1 Like

thats what I have, its not working

do a screenshot of the options and upload it to postimage then to here.

We are all using it like that, so you will have done something wrong somewhere, I take it you have created the folder

if you have thats where they will go.

Heres mine

2 Likes