Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

I cant seem to get the zip to work , does anyone have an smp zip file ready to go for a noob like me.

is it best to remove all my thumbs and backdrops i already have then start fresh when i have installed this theme as some images arnt showing properly?

OK,

haveing same problem …the smp can only handle 30 mb for themeing ,yet the zip of the GBM is 40.3 mb…whats the work around …please anyone who has solved this hit back…few of us stuck…BTW runs great on HUB …thnks for ur work .

SMP info

btw, this is probably the last time, I’m going to post this, after all, I think this is the 4th or 5th post in 2 days

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/homebrew-now-available/td-p/523646 

follow the link, I posted 2 links, one to the wdlxtv required, at minimum for initial set up

and 2 a link about osd stuff

I was surprised, this was made public, this early in the process

there’s very few instructions, but for those with just a bit of knowledge, it’s not difficult at all

just wdlxtv the device, then set 1 path using the cmd line

1 Like

@ dudeman316: I updated my template so now it looks like this, it can fit up to 9 movies, the logo (which is loaded by logo.png in the same folderpath) is used in place of a movie (in this case because i only have 8 movies of harry potter).  I think is more in keeping with my moviesheet.  When i go through the process of making movie sheets for a movie series in thumbgen I save each cover art as 01.png, 02.png, etc in one of the spare sheet slots.  It has to be a .png file because i set up the template like that, it can be jpg but you have to go in and change it yourself. All the cover arts also has to be in the same folder/path as the movie(s) you are trying to make moviesheet for.  The movies are named 01.png - 09.png left to right.  Here is the link via mediafire:  http://www.mediafire.com/?1hh7f7ong9p01yf

Stars Wars Example:

MovieSheet:

1 Like

KAD79 wrote:

SMP info

btw, this is probably the last time, I’m going to post this, after all, I think this is the 4th or 5th post in 2 days

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/homebrew-now-available/td-p/523646 

follow the link, I posted 2 links, one to the wdlxtv required, at minimum for initial set up

and 2 a link about osd stuff

I was surprised, this was made public, this early in the process

there’s very few instructions, but for those with just a bit of knowledge, it’s not difficult at all

just wdlxtv the device, then set 1 path using the cmd line

thanx for that…

i have to agree here…

this is the live hub forum and there is plenty of info on SMP and how to zip a file correctly in the SMP forum.

the file ending up with 40 MB is obviously wrong because the file will be 14,7 MB

This thread was supposed to give users of my theme a linksheet upgrade and to see the theme evolve due community efforts.

SMP stuff doesn’t belong here :smiley:

for the 1000th and last time

zip the theme from within the theme  folder, select all xml files and the subfolder and zip it… done! If the file is larger than 14,7 MB you don’t know what the theme folder is :laughing:

I’m currently on 3.06.14, do you guys recommend me updating to 3.07.14, for better performance with this theme?

If so, could someone link me to that specific FW version please?

Edit: Just read what Linksheets did (instantly loading), you just made my freakin’ day, and holiday season.

This was my only problem with this fantastic theme of yours, to no fault of you. Now that I can enjoy these absolutely wonderful TVsheets instantly is awesome!

Thank you so much for coming back, and giving this to us! I really do appreciate it!

By any chance, do you have a PayPal account, or any other way to donate to you?

I feel hard work like this should be rewarded, because you just made my streaming device one million times better, and I truly mean that!

Slick GUI’s like this for my media, is something I’ve been waiting for, for quite some time. And having it instantly load like this now, is a god send!

Slezz wrote:

does somebody know how to remove the white/blank line between the covers and the reflection?

i want to move the upper part down or the reflection part up

this is the answer to your PM (no PM’s please)

you are on an impossible mission here because you are looking into it the wrong way,

the white line is in the mirrordifusionGL.png which is supposed to fade out the reflecting covers.

The wide line hides the pixel distortion that comes with the reflections (can’t avoid it)

Therefore removing the line is the wrong task…

…if you want to move up your covers your task is to create a new difusion image to fade out the reflecting covers or it will look like “bonkers”. Your new image will need a white line or at least a 1 pixel solid line again to cover up the distortion.

Obviously the diffusor must match 100% it must match the backdrop 100% which is impossible since backdrops vary on movie sheets / link sheets. This means you have to fade out the bottom covers by turning the backdrop underneath the white line invisible or nearly invisible while letting enough through for the covers to show and fade. If you are using my sheets you should know that the bottom portion has a spare out pixel for the white line, so whatever you do you will have to cover up this gap as well

So basically what you have to do is to create a mask that only covers up the covers, if you miss one pixel it will look terrible and wrong so the best way is to put your covers where you want them in the xml, take out the diffusor temporarily, make a screen shot and from that screen shot you create a mask and save it as mirrordifusionGL.png and adjust the mirrordifusionGL.png values in the xml.

anyone know why when i create covers and moviesheets in thumbgen when i generate them some work fine and others show the moviesheet as the cover instead of the cover i have chosen?

I think it’s really nice how you made the tutorials.  I have been using these for a while but it’s still nice not to have to figure it all out and just be able to use the new themes.  I know it’s a lot of work, but I wish the creators would do this more often.  

Much appreciated. 

sorted it , changed from thumbgen 1.3.0.0 to  thumbgen 1.1.4 and all works fine

Hi And Merry Christmas! thanks for the wonderful theme and everyones input including the multiple theme folder addition,

Is there any way to use the new thumbdrive method for the SMP to show the moviesheets as per below:

config_tool -c THEME_PATH="/path/to/root/of/theme

…do I set this as an option in the theme or on SMP itself with wdlx? 

Also if I have a front thumb drive what will be the path of the theme is /Black-Mamba/ for example?

thanks in advance!

@prophet_ca

How exactly are you setting this up in thumbgen, I am not quite doing something right. The Star Wars & HP sheets look awesome!

@ dudeman316 I am never good at describing things, lol, so here goes.  Okay for movies of less than 4, the template doesn’t look that great because there is so much unused space, imo.  First all the movies have to be in one folder not seperate folders for each movie.  When I am making movie sheets for each individual movie using blackmamba templete i  have a spare sheet template as well, so i have 3 templates (1) Mainsheet (moviesheet) (2) Extrasheet (coverartsheet w/ effects) (3)Spare sheet (A blank coverartsheet with no effects can be downloaded here:  http://www.mediafire.com/?5429d400wgy25z7)..)  I set up the sparesheet to save the coverart in the same path in the options of thumbgen (so $M$N, with png as the image type).

When  you are done going through the process of making all the moviesheets you should have two sets of coverart files one with effects and one without (which should be .png files) and named the same as the corresponding movies.  You will be using the png files and they will have to be remained 01.png, 02.png, 03.png depending on where you want them in the template.  You can now open the thumbgen.  I have the multimovie template set up as a different profile (set up under the home tab in Thumbgen), then click process folder, find the series of movies click the folder, manual mode, the template positions the movies from 01.png far left - 09.png far right so depending where you want your movies you will have rename the files accordingly (ie. 2 movie set would be 04.png 06.png, 3 movie set 04. 05. 06, 4 movie set 03. 04. 06. 07., etc).  You can refresh the template and check where you coverart ends up.  The logo is positioned where 05.png would be and is called upon by have logo.png in the same folder as the rest of the coverart.

Once you have the coverart positioned in the right place you can take out or change the title.  I don’t think a title is necessary if you have a logo.  You can add better backgrounds than provided by Thumbgen (google, with large images filter).  If you need additional help let me know where you are getting hung up and all try to explain better. good luck

2 Likes

FIgured it out…thanks again really like the theme

@prophet_ca can you upload screens of your options setup in thumbgen? kinda like the older blackmamba pdf file that showed how to set it up, I have tried a few different config & keeps crashing on me.

prohpet that is hialrious, i know exactly how you felt when you made this graphic, my first ones just looked like that…

I like what you did with it.

If you up for it make some bundles for your multiple cover profiles and i put them in the main post…

http://thumbgen.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96:what-are-bundles&catid=37:cat-tutorials&Itemid=63

1 Like

amazing

1. does it work on latest firmware

2. is there a guide anywhere on installing and using this theme when u didnt have the original version? or does the same guide apply just need to make youre own movie sheets?

@ dudeman316, i tried put down some instructions together which can be downloaded here:  http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ueohh1h88wsyppd.  Also did you copy the common folder to you existing one it is neccessary.  Again let me know if anything is not clear.

@ DeVicious Sounds great, but i will have to read that link, lol, never really started using thumbgen before i found this theme).   

2 Likes

will give it a go prophet, and yes the common folder is in there, DeV’s bundle setup has me spoiled.

And if I can get all this to click in my thick head, I can do a how-to guide, used to do them all the time for other things.