Surreal Media Center 2.2 SMP Theme [Update]

goldberg96 wrote:

I don’t see the pics. Just white boxes with grey triangles in them.

It takes a little while for photo’s to be approved by WD.

You should be able to view the movie and tv sheets now. It’s on the bottom of page 8 or you can click the following link to see the sheets:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Surreal-Media-Center-2-2-SMP-Theme-Update/m-p/502178#M14217

What cover template am I supposed to use with those templates? I didn’t see a cover template in the zip. Also, I like the STD template because it uses the whole screen but I guess that doesn’t work with the theme since the covers cover up a bunch of the info when you try to use that.

The template I used for the movies is the movie sheet (Brightly Dark Sheet). The template I used for TV is episode sheet (Brightly Dark TV EP). For the episode cover/thumbnails, I used the Brightly Dark TV Ep Thumbs template. Here’s a few examples:

Grimm S02E05.jpg Revenge S02E01.jpg Sons of Anarchy S05E01.jpg

Don’t forget that you may need to adjust the settings in Thumbgen and some changes may need to be done with the template xml files such as X, Y cordinates and for me, I had to change Autosize=“True” to get the font size correct for the different items such as title, date, time, directed by, etc… Themes are usually the easy part when installing with very little if any changes but movie and tv sheets are where changes usually need to be made. For me, I just played with the settings in Thumbgen and the template xml files to learn and get what I wanted to see. By the way, some movie/TV sheets may go well with one theme but not with another. I try to pay attention to the different pics of themes and match the sheets to them if I’m not using the recommended included sheet templates. Hope this helps!

Can you use mamba v1.9 sheets with this theme

@Red_Leather313

Yes! This theme was originally designed to use Black Mamba sheets. For those who can’t get Black Mamba :wink:, I suggest using the Brighty Dark sheets which work perfectly or find other sheets that may work at the following location:

http://www.wdtvlive.net/forumdisplay.php?10-Moviesheets

what program do i use to make my own folders (blu ray, dvd., etc)

Photoshop works well.

I like the Surreal Media Center 2.2 theme for SMP. It is one of the best themes so far.

But this theme is not working completely in the SMP. I could not see the movie sheets like movie synopsis, Director, Actors, Duration, Date of release etc. like the default Mochi and other few themes.

I hope the developer makes this theme completely compatible with SMP and works without any customization.

I appreciate the developer for his excellent work on this theme.

@rraod

The Surreal theme is complete but you have to create your own movie sheets. The original movie sheets was made with Black Mamba which is no longer offered but you can use other movie sheets which will work perfectly with none to little modifications/changes. Take a look at my previous post for more info on what you need, where to go and see a few pics of the movie sheets I made at the following location:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Surreal-Media-Center-2-2-SMP-Theme-Update/m-p/502178#M14217

Got the theme setup and i’d already generated a ton of moviesheets for an older wdtv device in another room.

is there something wrong with the naming of the files i’ve already got that the theme isn’t picking them up?

Each movie is in it’s own folder then inside it’s folder i have the movie + moviesheet files.

eg

MoviesFolder

Talking Heads Stop Making Sense

Talking Heads Stop Making Sense.mkv

cover.jpg  (box thumbnail)

folder.jpg  (box thumbnail)

Talking Heads Stop Making Sense.jpg (box thumbnail)

Talking Heads Stop Making Sense.mkv_sheet.sheet.jpg

Talking Heads Stop Making Sense.mkv_sheet.wall.jpg

Talking Heads Stop Making Sense.xml

wd_tv.jpg

Talking Heads Stop Making Sense.mkv.tgmd

Movie_Info.xml

Any info would be great, thanks.

@Ant__M

Everything appears to look correct except for the Movie_Info.xml. Try deleting or moving that file into a temporary folder. The Talking Heads Stop Making Sense.xml should be the only xml file needed. If you make ANY changes, I recommend you go to ‘Setup’ on your home screen then choose ‘System’ and ‘Device Restart’. Sometimes the changes don’t take affect until you do a device restart.

Hey here,

first, thanks for the gret theme! Just use it with the SMP.

Anyway, for me the moviesheets doesn’t work. Still not working for me (they never did for me…)

Just make some Brightly Dark v1.1 sheets with the Movie Brightly Wall profile, a view in the options:

http://i.imgur.com/vo8Vq.jpg

(Tryed also the WDTV Hub format for moviesheet export)

A view on ready thumbgen:

http://i.imgur.com/CqXET.jpg

Clicking on “Generate them!” afterswards…

And get that files:

http://i.imgur.com/HxFl2.jpg

So, everything seems fine.

The ready moviesheet (that file ###.mkv_sheet.wall.jpg) looks fine:

http://i.imgur.com/Hwi7j.jpg

After reconnect and restart my SMP and change the view to Wall-mode noting happens; all I get is the standard Surreal Background image.

Also tryed the other mode, the Movie Brightly (not Wall)-profile and get the sheet.sheet files (etc). But still no visible moviesheet on my WDTV SMP.

What I’m doing wrong?

I have the Surreal Theme running and am using the Brightly Dark sheets, but these sheets are not showing up properly.  Stupid question:

Which of the templates should I be using:  Brightly Dark Sheet, Brightly Dark Sheet Folder, Brightly STD, or Brightly wall with my WDTV SMP?

@Blindanwender

Incorrect setting in the 1st Picture.   (Export using Own Thumbgen format is Incorrect)

Movieinfo export   should be Export WDTV Live Hub format

FAQ

How does this Moviesheet Procedure Work ?

The Movie.xml must contain the parameter <backdrop>Insert Name of Moviesheet Here</backdrop> for it to display in Gallery View. (Creating a WALLSHEET will not look right for this Theme, there will be 8 Thumbnails at the bottom)

So for example …

The Dark Knight.mkv------------- Your Movie            

The Dark Knight.jpg--------------- The Poster Thumbnail

The Dark Knight_sheet.jpg-----  The Moviesheet

The Dark Knight.xml-------------  Inside this XML Must Contain <backdrop>The Dark Knight_sheet.jpg</backdrop>

To Auto Create the XML with the Backdrop link to the Moviesheet you Need the Setting Export Info links to Moviesheet.

Read Tinwarble’s Guide Page 5 and onwards…

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?82991053b0fr50b

@ JoeySmyth,

get it! Thank you very much. :smiley:

Just modified the *.xml file and first  removed the bunch of backdrops-strings and replaced them by inserting only “<backdrop>The Dark Knight_sheet.jpg</backdrop>”.

At this point my XML contain only:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  The Dark Knight_sheet.jpg

Works fine.

Can’t understand why all the other informations in the *xml-file are needed; all of them are in the sheet JPG. Anyway it means a lot of work for me removing the bunch of backdrops-strings that Thumbgen generated into the *xml-file. Is there a way to make Thumbgen just create the *xml-file like adove?

Also really dislike that slide-show-effects of the SMP, is there a way to turn it off?

@Blindanwender

–Also really dislike that slide-show-effects of the SMP, is there a way to turn it off?

On the home screen select Setup, then select Photo Settings.  In the Photo Settings menu, select “Slideshow Transition” and set it to “Fade”, then select “Slideshow Interval Time” and set it for “5 minutes”.

@Blindanwender

Can’t understand why all the other informations in the *xml-file are needed; all of them are in the sheet JPG. Anyway it means a lot of work for me removing the bunch of backdrops-strings that Thumbgen generated into the *xml-file. Is there a way to make Thumbgen just create the *xml-file like adove?

Nope, that’s built in the Thumbgen App.

Maybe “Thumbgen 2.0” will have an “options” tick-box to disable XML tags that you don’t need

or require, or are not recognized by your Hardware .

eg. tags below are not recognized by the Live Hub and the SMP

<plot>
<rating>8.3</rating>
<imdb_id>
<originaltitle>
<studio>

Would be nice to “disable” them so they don’t get generated in the final XML output.

An option to customize / disable Mediainfo scanning attritubes of Media Files (for Media Type, Resolution, Audio, Codec etc)

Might make Thumbgen perform faster in it’s scraping process ?

Okay, get it again. Thanks for your help djkilla and JoeySmyth. :slight_smile:

@ djkilla:

Just created some sheets, looks great.  Although changed the “Slideshow Interval Time” in 5 minutes, still dislike the effects by browsing through the movies. There is no other option in the “Slideshow Transition” menu than “random”. Related to the SMP I think?

@ JoeySmyth:

Anyway, if I would compensate with the slideshow effects, its still big investment for me creating for every movie a sheet and change for every single movie the *xml-file - don’t even think on my tv series!

@Blindanwender

Sildeshow Effects: “A How to Guide” 

From the Home Menu

Select: Setup  “Press OK”

Select : Photo Settings “Press OK”

Select: Sildeshow Transition “Press OK”

Press “UP” and “DOWN” Arrow Buttons on the Remote Control to Choose from the Following:

RANDOM

_ NORMAL
_

_ FADE
_

_ WIPE
_

_ ZOOM
_

_ REPLACE
_

_ CHECKER BOARD
_

_ WATER FALL
_

_ DISSOLVE
_

_ STRIP
_

_ SNAKE
_

PUSH

“Press OK”  Button to SELECT the one you want.

Here’s a Link for the User Manual:

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/?id=282&type=25