Setting up a home network with WD Livewire Powerline

Hello, I was looking to get some help setting up a network with a WD Livewire Powerline adaptor, two routers, a modem, and 1 physical host.

The way I intended to have to setup would be Modem > Livewire > Router + (Router > Host), where both routers are hooked up to the livewire.  I can’t seem to get this to work, and I end up having to go from modem to router A to livewire to router B.

The reson for this setup is we have a router that came free from the ISP which we don’t necessarily feel the need to decomission, however it is in a bad place for it’s range.  So we have a Livewire running into the living room connected directly to a media center PC and a better wireless router.

My main thought is trying to figure if the livewire should be treated as a switch, and if I would need crossover cable somewhere in the network.

But running from router to router is a bit bothersome because any modifications to router A shuts down the entire network temporaily.

ThomasBags,

Connecting two routers to the same WD LiveWire unit may no work as the routers could enter in conflict on regards to the IP address pool to assign (Unless one router is working as an extension). Think of your WD LiveWire as a switch.

Subnets are set up correctly.  One is at 192.168.1.0/24 and the other is 192.168.2.0/24.