Server connection Interrupted

I have an OLD MycloudMirror (Yes i’m looking at replacing it but they are $$ and this does work). So there are no FW updates to take.

I have noticed I’m getting popups: Server connection interrupted (see screenshot). I get them when i’m actively using my iMac (so not in sleep mode etc). I do have a cloud backup (crashplan) which appears to be constantly searching for updates.

I’m on a mac running the latest version (sonoma). WD has a static IP. Not sure what else to share.

Any thought as to why I keep getting these?

Thanks…

1 Like

Oop forgot the attachment
Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 9.07.18 AM

1 Like

Hi @DeputyDawgAtl ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

I tried but it is out of support.

Having said that, he did say to do the 40 second pin reset, which may help but WILL reset all my settings (which I need to write down or screenshot first).

I really want to get a new NAS anyways. But will NOT be WD. Same agent I talked about getting a new WD (ex2) and asked how I migrate my data over. He said there is no easy way - to get it to an external drive then read it back in to ex2. I was like WTH, that cannot be the solution.

So likely will be going to Synology but for now need to address this as its impacting my cloud backups (from WD to another cloud vendor)